Thread: Video card damaged in Compaq Presario V3000

Video card damaged in Compaq Presario V3000

Hi, I have Compaq Presario V3000 since last two years, and was working perfectly, but yesterday only I got a problem only, let me tell you shortly, when yesterday I was starting my laptop, first of all it doesn’t boot, and got two beeps, one long and one short beep indicating a defective video. And still it is not starting, I have tried to search the solution for this on internet for almost 5 to 6 hours, but didn’t get the actual solution. Could anyone having the same problem? Need suggestion. Thanks.

Re: Video card damaged in Compaq Presario V3000

I think according to me your windows is properly booting but I think you’re not getting the display on your monitor, because generally if the you got a single beep that means the system is working properly, expect the other beeps, as I don’t know you’re aware of these or not but there are 4 to 5 different beeps, so I’d say connect your laptop to any other device like other monitor or TV and try to start it. If you would not get the screen, that means the problem is in your video card itself, so i suggest you to replace that.

I think you are having some glitch because of the driver, I was having this kind of problem and I just replace my driver so it just started properly. You can get the latest driver from their official website, because if we update only video driver, it can almost fix a wide variety of video problems and other software compatibility issues. After updating with the graphic driver you, have to update the BIOS driver too, this driver also you’ll get from their website only.

As you have mentioned that, you got some two different beeps, I think the problem must be in the motherboard, I would say you should test your mother board first and then try for some other issue, you have to go to the service center and let them know your problem, they will check it from every concern able issue. And most probably you have to pay for it, because I think you are using it from last two years that means you already have exceeded your warranty period, let me tell you the good news By the way, you can extend your warranty period.

I also have the same notebook and having the same problem, but I am wondering why HP is dealing with such a faulty parts, and I know the problem is only in the NVIDIA video card, because it is already know issue, when I searched the internet I got lots of user with the same issue, so I am recommending you that you have to replace your video card, In fact I am also going to do the same. But before that I’d suggest you to make sure that is it working properly or not, might be the problem would be something different.

According to me you should first try to install the new windows, because some time it happens like, our system files get corrupted and due to that only, we are unable to boot the laptop properly, otherwise you would have another option too, like while installing the windows they provide another option too for recovering some missing files also. Thus you won’t have to install the whole window instead you can simply recover the missing files or the corrupted files, but if you’re planning to install a new window, then I’d say don’t forget to backup all your important files.