Thread: Wifi not working after Netflix

Wifi not working after Netflix

After several search Google I finally found a page which has the instruction to install Netflix from android Central. By the use of that I have managed to install Netflix application on my Android tablet pc. However now the problem is different which is not about that application, but it is about the wifi connection on my device. Currently can't connect with WIFI and can't duplicate my backup of build.prop to System directory. Furthermore I can’t edit or paste build.prop either. I am running CM7. Can a anyone tell me a solution for this?

Re: Wifi not working after Netflix

A friend recommended I update cm7 from 7.0.0 toward 7.0.2. So that would catch me present AND put back build.prop thus I may perhaps start afresh again. I have updated toward cm7.0.2 and removed my WIFI network afterward rejoined it (I almost certainly could've made that to start in on with). By luckily the WIFI currently works fine. Similar compact through ES File Explorer. Menu>Settings>Root Operations, Root Explorer in addition to Mount File System are mutually tested.

The installation of Netflix might went well on your android device but it might have altered some of the system related files without your concern. AS you know that the Netflix stream internet video. So the installation could have modified the wifi settings according to its needs and due to this the actually working procedure of wifi could have been changed. So it would be better if you restore the wifi or connection related settings to default. It may help you to get back the wifi working again.

You could have installed the modified Netflix application which is developed for several unsupported devices whether it may be an android device or something else. I heard that this new customized Netflix application will alter some system files so that it can make to work with the device. Still not all the devices are compatible but some are working fine. In your case this case could have happened and the installer modified system files and the wifi settings. To make the wifi work again you need to uninstall or remove the application.

First of all I really didn’t get you what you are telling. There is no link with Netflix install and the wifi connection. They will not interfere each other without user request. The Netflix application only connects to the internet via wifi upon your request. It won’t do it automatically. In order for Netflix to stream video it needs to connect to the internet by the use of wifi or devices data connectivity service if it has 3G. If the wifi won’t work then Netflix also will not work if the device doesn’t have 3G. Furthermore it is not possible to take the back up of build.prop. I have also tried it but not succeeded.

I don’t have any idea why wifi not working in your device that is even after you install the Netflix. It seems like a strange issue which cannot easily resolve unless you get the particular reason for the issue. You are also telling that you cannot able to copy, paste, edit and save the build.prop to system directory. However as I said you need to find the cause for this problem first. If you cannot able to find any reason then there is only solution I can tell you for this. Just hard reset the device and re-install Netflix once again.