Thread: Unable to activate Blackberry Playbook getting error code 2012

Unable to activate Blackberry Playbook getting error code 2012

I am having a Blackberry Playbook. I was trying to set the software update but seems to be failing after competing with the initial setup. I am getting an error message on the screen while trying to do the same. I have tried to make thing working number of times but all the efforts of mine were fruitless at all. The error message can be stated as follow ‘Retry Activation. Your tablet could not be activated because of error (2012). Tap Retry now or Turn Off to try again later’ let me know if you are having any specific solution to fix the matter of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to activate Blackberry Playbook getting error code 2012

Looking at the problem I am suggesting the following thing which you can try and see whether it is working or not. You should press and hold the power key of the Playbook so that you can turn off. You have to connect your Playbook to the wall power source for around 5 to 15 minutes. Now you should try to update the software on the Playbook and let me know about the result after performing the above mentioned trick.

After doing small kind of research work I have managed to find out the root cause of the problem which you are getting while performing the update. Well the Error Code 2012 is associated when the device of yours is unable to connect with server from where you should download the software update. Mostly it could be happening due to connection timeout or server might be unreachable. Well you should try to reconnect with the Wireless network.

I am suggesting following thing which you can try and see whether it is working or not.
    • First of all you should move the another wireless access point.
    • You should perform reset by simply pressing the power button of the device.
    • After finishing with reset you should go for the Setting and select the Wireless network and compete the wizard.

I am hoping that it would be helpful to you.

I let you know that I was having the same problem which you have mentioned over here. however I have fixed the problem of mine. I have found that the error code 2012 is associated with operating system. In order to solve the matter you need to perform a software upgrade on the Playbook by simply using the Blackberry Desktop Software. Hence you should try the same and let me know about the result.

I am highly suspecting that there is a hardware issue with the device of yours. Well I want to know whether you are having any service warranty. I recommend that you should claim the service warranty at the official service center. Well you should see that the device of yours should not have any physical damage. Otherwise you will void the service warranty. Make sure that you have carried information regarding the purchase of the device of yours.

ThumbsUp Re: Unable to activate Blackberry Playbook getting error code 2012

i know how to fix the error code 2012 but after you cannot turn off the playbook. if it goes out you will have to do the whole process again. email me if you want to find out hopw to do it.

I can't manage to activate my BlackBerry Playbook. I think I tried everything- swithing off, charging, BlackBerry Desktop.
    Any advice, any suggestion? Please.

Quote Originally Posted by ikoc View Post
    I can't manage to activate my BlackBerry Playbook. I think I tried everything- swithing off, charging, BlackBerry Desktop.
    Any advice, any suggestion? Please.
    Are you using a used or a new BlackBerry Playbook? If it is a newly purchased device then take it back to the store and exchange it, because the reason here could be that you might have got a bricked playbook. If that isnt the case then you can try to set it up in an open wifi connection so that it will get unlock, hope that helps.