Thread: Missing colon while typing URL through Motorola Xoom keyboard

Missing colon while typing URL through Motorola Xoom keyboard

Hi, I am using Motorola phone and it’s quite good. It’s almost a month I am using this phone. Whenever I used to enter a colon in the URL to visit a web address, I was able to visit it. Than after few days I updated my phone with android 3.1 version. Now whenever I try to insert a colon in the URL, I am not. Thus I am not able to visit to nay web address. All these things are happening only due to 3.1 update. Please help!

re: Missing colon while typing URL through Motorola Xoom keyboard

Hey buddy, which model of Motorola are you using because every model has different key specifications? Even though you can use default method. Just look under the shift key which is present on the right hand side of your keyboard. You can see that it’s of grayish in color. Now you can press shift key and press the button or else you can try pressing the shift key for few seconds. This will surely print colon on URL.

Yes, you must provide model number because Motorola has wide range of models. How someone will recognize which model of Motorola you have. Anyways it basically depends on the input focus in which you enter the type of field. If you want to enter the colon in the URL i.e. the address portion, then press shift+/ key. You can also try displaying the colon by pressing 123. Hope this works.

Are you using Motorola Xoom? See there are many ways to enter the colon in the address portion. Also it is not the fault of 3.1 update that you updated few days ago. There is no relation between your update and the keys. There may be slight difference. Well, if you want to have a colon in the URL than just long press the key the colon will be entered in the URL or you can also try without pressing the shift key.

Re: Missing colon while typing URL through Motorola Xoom keyboard

Is your phone touch screen or has QWERTY keypads. Because both of them have different functions of entering the numbers, characters, special symbols etc. If you are having a touch screen then you can try tapping on "2" or press "." for few seconds to get colon and you can also have colon by tapping on "1", tap "5". I hope this may surely help you. Please do reply if works because I don’t have any idea which model of Motorola are you using.