Thread: HP TC1100 display shows garbage while booting

HP TC1100 display shows garbage while booting

I am using HP tablet pc having model no. TC1100 having windows XP on it. I didn’t know that I would have problem with this tablet pc. When I boot the tablet pc then display shows unusual characters. I tried restarting the device and sometimes it shows random colors and as different characters on the screen. If I wait for few hours and then start it again then start the device then there is no problem in it, but after few hours screen goes off suddenly and then the same problem come up. What shall I do for solving this?

Re: HP TC1100 display shows garbage while booting

I guess there might be some problem with your display drivers. I would recommend you to reinstall the drivers. For reinstalling your drivers you need to uninstall your drivers first. You can do so by going to device manager and then search for the display drivers and select uninstall and restart your device. As soon as you boot up then the fresh display drivers would be automatically installed or else you may install the drivers by using the CD which you have got with this device.

I guess your screen is displaying some lines or some kind of dots over the screen. I think whatever I heard till now about this problem is that it is due to outdated or corrupt drivers. If your tablet pc is equipped with graphic card then you should update the appropriate graphic driver. For this you should search on the website of your graphic card company for the latest drivers. Just select your device and download the available drivers and perform the installation.

Your screen displays several characters on the display, also sometimes several random colors. I guess there might be some kind of problem with your screen. In order to find out what exactly the cause is for this problem you should try to plug an external monitor. If you adjust some external monitor then attach its VGA cable to your device and then you would be able to see your display on that external monitor. So just check out if the same problem still arises.

As you are able to start your device properly after waiting for few hours, I guess your screen shows garbage due to some kind of overheating problem. You could verify this by measuring the temperature of the device, I mean at what temperature your processor is running. Download some of these kind of utilities by doing a Google search and run that software and note down the CPU temperature as well as the speed at which your fan is spinning.

There might be something related with the memory module. If you are able to unscrew your tablet pc then try to eject the RAM chip from the board and clean that chip and place it back to its place and restart it and I guess now the garbage problem of your screen would not arise again. If it still does then there might be problem with your display module, and fixing it is not an easy task as it requires lots of technical knowledge so consult with the expert for it.

If the above thing doesn’t help you out then I would recommend you to visit your service center and ask them for this problem. I guess it is some kind of hardware issue with your device. These people would keep your device with them and would analyze the problem and look for the solution. As soon as the display problem would get fixed, they would let you know the same and if it’s under warranty then it would be definitely done at free of cost.

Donoho,
    Did you ever solve this problem? I'm having the same problem now with my TC1100.
    Bill in Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by Donoho View Post
    I am using HP tablet pc having model no. TC1100 having windows XP on it. I didn’t know that I would have problem with this tablet pc. When I boot the tablet pc then display shows unusual characters. I tried restarting the device and sometimes it shows random colors and as different characters on the screen. If I wait for few hours and then start it again then start the device then there is no problem in it, but after few hours screen goes off suddenly and then the same problem come up. What shall I do for solving this?

Quote Originally Posted by wolong View Post
    Donoho,
    Did you ever solve this problem? I'm having the same problem now with my TC1100.
    Have you tried connecting the HP TC1100 to an external monitor and does the external monitor show all the garbage or not? Have you also tried resetting the device and checked if that could have solved the issue?