Thread: Graphic Card is not working in HP Pavilion DV6809wm notebook

Graphic Card is not working in HP Pavilion DV6809wm notebook

These are the specifications of my friends HP Pavilion DV6809wm notebook. It was running Windows Vista initially but as my friend did not like it that much, he downgraded it to Windows XP Home Edition SP3. The HP Notebook has got 2.0 GHz processor, 2.83 GB RAM, Graphics Card: NVidia GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M. Everything is working well in good with his laptop except the Graphic Card. The Graphic Card seems to be in no mood to cooperate with the laptop. We are unable to find out the reason behind this issue and the solution for it. Anybody with suggestions, please feel free to share it.

Re: Graphic Card is not working in HP Pavilion DV6809wm notebook

As you said that you have degraded your laptop’s Operating System from Windows Vista to Windows XP Home Edition, there are chances that you must have forgot to install all the necessary drivers in your laptop. I would thus recommend you to install the Graphic Card drivers in your HP Pavilion DV6809wm Notebook. Use the Drivers CD which must have come along with your laptop at the time of purchase. Make sure that you are installing Windows XP version of the Driver and not the earlier Windows Vista.

Thank you, dude for that quick reply. It clearly shows how much concerned you were to help me out resolve my problem with my graphic card. But unfortunate to say that you suggestion did not helped me. Actually I was unable to find the Windows XP driver for my NVidia GeForce 7150M/ nForce 630M Graphic Card. The Drivers CD was missing so was unable to implement what you said. Can anyone suggest where else I can find drivers for my graphics card. Your suggestion will be appreciated. Please help.

I would recommend you to visit the official website of HP and search for the Windows XP Home Edition of your Graphics Card driver for your respective HP Pavilion Notebook there. Just search for the same on Internet and you will be getting the link for the official website of HP laptop. Visit the website and click on Support Link. Then click on the Download and Drivers link and download the necessary driver for your respective laptop.

According to me, the best website where you can find the exact driver for your nVidia Graphic card is the official website of NVIDIA. They will be having all the drivers of Graphics Card they have manufactured and launched till date. Just visit the official website of NVIDIA and search for your Graphics Card driver there. Install the drivers in your laptop and then restart your system. Make sure you have reboot the laptop after installing the latest drivers, that will bring the changes you have made into affect.

There are high chances that you might have got your graphic card corrupted or there must be some kind of connection or any other hardware issue in your Notebook. Regarding this problems, the best solution would be to send your HP notebook for repairing. Either you can send it at any local Computer store or for the best result send it to the nearest HP Care Center. The technical staff of HP will surely be able to solve this issue and make your friend’s notebook as it was before.