Thread: No Audio Device found in HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop

No Audio Device found in HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop

I am using a HP Pavilion dv6000, until its working fine with everything but now a day I am facing a problem associated with the sound. I am trying to play a mp3 file in a windows media player it shows a mixer driver is not found, now I am not able to play a game also ,it ends up with message no audio driver is not found. Can anyone help me? To re-installed my audio driver on my laptop. Can anyone suggest me a proper driver for my laptop?

Re: No Audio Device found in HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop

sound issue may came through a software setting, Compatibility issues with the operating system or other hardware, speaker related issue.
    verify that you are able to a small sound icon in tray ( right bottom corner of system screen).if this icon is missing then follow the instructions,Open control panel, Open “sound and audio driver” icon, Verify the “place volume icon in the taskbar “checkbox is checked. If this option is not available or if it is showing as grayed out (disable) then you need to open the device manager and then verify that there are no conflicts or error listed anywhere in device manager. Here, you have to verify that your "Sound, video and game controllers" category is present in the shown list. And right click on the “Sound, video and game Controller” select update driver, this wizard will guide you to update your driver and it will start working.

If you are missing the "Sound, video and game controllers" in the device manager then, it is likely that sound card driver is not properly installed or sound card has been disabled, sound card not functioning properly, or no soundcard is available. If it’s an onboard sound card you can verify that it is enable in CMOS setting. Reboot system and then open device manager and see there should be no conflict device or anything marked with red or yellow. If anything available like this then remove all of them and reboot system. If again device conflict appears simply check for the device manager error code and additional information is given to expertise

Double-click the sound icon in the Systray and verify that all the sound volumes are mid-way or higher. Verify the speakers setting and speakers are not at fault by running through and checked speaker is properly plugged in and switched on. You are still unable to get the sound card to work, in Device Manager remove all sound video and game controllers and reboot the computer. This should cause Windows to reinstall all missing drivers and often can correct corrupt drivers. If this does not work after rebooting the computer download and install the latest sound card drivers from the computer or sound card manufacturer.

Finally if above recommendation is resolve your issue it is likely that the Sound card is physically bad or the several files of operating system is get corrupt. If sound card is in warranty then simply go to replacement. If it is an onboard sound card then buy a new PCI sound card adapter. Or if board is in warranty then give it to the manufacturer for the service. Sound card will be installed on board in PCI slots. Verify that proper driver is installed for the device