Thread: constant bsod on HP Elitebook 8540w

constant bsod on HP Elitebook 8540w

My maternal uncle has given me a HP Elitebook 8540w. This laptop looks is very attractive. I use to this laptop is very carefully. I don’t install any unusual software in this laptop. Recently I have installed the windows 7 in place of windows xp. This laptop’s configuration is good. From when I have installed the windows 7 from then I have constantly bsod problem. Tell me any driver is required for solving this type of problem. If yes then suggest right solution of this problem. I have installed the old driver Nvidia driver which is offered by hp. Then I had blue screen of death.

Re: constant bsod on HP Elitebook 8540w

I would like tell you about the bsod the blue screen of death (BSOD) is the casual name which given by users of Windows General Protection Fault error. Named after the image of the dreaded error display white text on blue background, the BSOD is generated by the operating system when it suddenly ended with an error. The system hangs and must be restarted. The blue screen may occur some hexadecimal values of a memory dump can be used to determine what caused the accident.

Ok, as you have described in your problem I suggest you that you should reinstall the widows seven. I want to know that did you go into the BIOS when you installed the windows seven. If yes, then you will change the default boot device to your hard drive and then after you will reinstall the windows 7. May be it require the driver. Then you should see the to install the driver the driver. May be your problem will be solved. But I want to suggest you that if your issue still after this then you should contact the service center.

Well, I have also faced same problem with my inpiron dell laptop. I did do anything in this laptop. Automatically this error is raised. I have tried to fix this problem. I couldn’t able to do the fix this problem. I asked this problem many people but I didn’t get the right solution. And I also posted same problem too many forums. But know give me right solution of this problem. This week I will have to go the service center. Then I’ll get the right solution then I’ll tell you.

I don’t think it only software problem may be it is related to your laptop hardware. So I want to suggest you that you should format the windows 7 then again install the windows 7 if problem also exists. Then your laptop doesn’t support windows 7. Or maybe windows corrupted. That’s why I am saying you for format. But if you want to take back up of your data from your laptop. Then you can use the third party tools. With the help of this you can take the backup data from your laptop.

I want to tell you about bsod the blue screens are generally caused by software bugs in device drivers, in Windows NT-based systems by inadequately written device drivers. And the Windows 9x family of operating systems incompatible driver or DLL files errors in the kernel of operating system software. These errors have been exists in all Windows based operating systems since Windows 3.1. OS / 2 bearded from the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD too), and early builds of Windows Vista shows a red screen of death due to a boot loader error.

When I read your problem then I observed that this problem is related to the VGA driver. Means your laptop VGA driver is to be crashed. That’s why your laptop is troubling with bsod problem. You will start your laptop in safe mode. Then you will uninstall the driver software. Then you will download the VGA software from the HP site for your laptop modal. Then you will install it in your laptop. After installation you will restart the system. Then you will the bsod problem is removed.