Thread: Network Controller drivers not working properly in HP ProBook 4520s

Network Controller drivers not working properly in HP ProBook 4520s

I have purchased the HP ProBook 4520s before three weeks and all the things were going fine with my laptop. Windows vista was preinstalled in my laptop. But I wanted to install the windows 7 in my laptop that is why I completely delete old recovery partition from my laptop and formatted the laptop and after that I installed the windows 7 in my laptop. After installing the windows 7 all the things worked great but I am not able to use the wireless in my laptop. Please tell me how to fix this issue.

Re: Network Controller drivers not working properly in HP ProBook 4520s

I have referred your problem and first of all I would like to tell you that you should first check in the device manager whether Network Controller displayed or not? You can check this thing by right clicking on the my computer and after that go to the properties. Now you will find the device manager at upper left side of the window. in device manager you have to check about Network Controller displayed or not? First check this and let me know.

As you have suggested in your post that you are not able to use the WIFI, I think you have to enable the WLAN option from your laptop. Because as you have said that you have installed the windows 7 after formatting the laptop then I think WLAN id disabled by the system and you have to enable it manually. You can enable the WLAN from the device manager. So I suggest you to first check in your device manager whether WLAN is enabled or not. If it is disabled then make it enable.

According to me you can solve this problem by installing the WLAN driver in your laptop. Because sometime after formatting the laptop system may not install some drivers automatically. That is why we have to install the driver manually. You should insert the driver CD in your laptop and after that install the WLAN driver. After installing the WLAN driver restart the laptop. After doing this you will be able to use all the wireless functionality in your laptop. Hope full this idea will solve your problem.

As you have suggested in your post about enabling the WLAN option from the device manager, I have tried this solution but it didn’t make any difference for me because there was no WLAN option in my device manager. After that I installed the driver and after installing the driver I get the WLAN option in device manager and I enabled it also but after that I am still not able to use the WIFI in my laptop. Now please tell me what should I do? Thank you.

I was also facing the similar kind of problem with my laptop and after that I have tried searched the solution for it on the internet, but I dint get anything from internet. After that my friend suggested me to download the driver from it official site. I have tried this and after that I am not facing issues with my laptop. If you want to download the driver then you can download it by clicking here HP DRIVER. I think you should try this trick, it may fix your issue.