Thread: Keyboard of HP Pavilion dv9093ea laptop displays wrong character

Keyboard of HP Pavilion dv9093ea laptop displays wrong character

Hey people, I am using HP Pavilion dv9093ea laptop with Windows 7 OS installed in it from last three months and recently it has started showing this weird problem with my laptop’s keyboard. Recenty while typing the following few characters u, I, o, j, k, l, m; the following characters, 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3, 0 respectively are displayed on the screen. I know this is some weird problem but I am facing this issue. Does anyone know what could be the problem with the keyboard of my laptop? Your precious suggestions will always be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Keyboard of HP Pavilion dv9093ea laptop displays wrong character

There might be some problem with your drivers which is controlling the normal functioning of your laptop’s keyboard. The best solution according to me would be to reinstall the drivers related to the keyboard of your laptop. It would be much better if you install all the necessary drivers of your laptop. Once you have installed the drivers check out whether any new update is available for those drivers or not. If you find any new update, install them also. Restart your laptop once you have done with installing all the drivers and there updates in your laptop.

There is one more solution which might help you solve your problem with your keyboard. What you actually needs to do is to uninstall/remove the keyboard from your system and then reinstall it. You can uninstall the keyboard from your system from Device Manager. Go to Device Manager and explorer all the added hardware peripherals. Search for the keyboard and right click the option. Now from the right-click menu select the uninstall option. This will remove the keyboard from your system. Now restart your laptop. On restart your laptop will automatically detect the changed hardware and will search for the drivers of the newly found device. Let your OS install the drivers by itself on restart.

Hard Reset can also solve your problem. By performing hard reset you can restore your laptop into its default factory setting. But it will clear all the settings which you must have created in your laptop.
    1. Switch off your laptop and make sure it is not connected with the AC adapter.
    2. Remove the battery of your laptop.
    3. Disconnect your laptop from all the external peripheral devices.
    4. Press the power button of your laptop for about 15-20 seconds so that all the energy remaining in the capacitor will drain.
    5. Once you done with this, reinsert the battery and restart your laptop. On restart the laptop will automatically install all the necessary drivers.
    6. Make sure you have not connected any other external devices.

You should probably search for the official website of HP on Internet and visit the official website of HP for more assistance. You should downloaded the latest available drivers from this website and then install it in your laptop. If you don’t wish to download the entire drivers setup, then you can directly install the drivers in your laptop for the HP website. Make sure at the time of updating your Internet connection don’t get disconnected, as that will corrupt the entire installed files.

After trying all the above solutions like the uninstall/reinstall process, drivers installation, hard reset and all I came to realize that this issue might be causing because of some kind of hardware problem in my keyboard. So, to solve this hardware problem the only possible and the best solution is to get the laptop checked by some technically knowledgeable person and then find the actual problem and solve it as per the issue. So I called up the HP Tech staff and submitted my laptop for repairing. They have informed that they might need to change the entire keypad of my laptop to solve the issue. Anyways thank you for your quick replies.