Thread: Screen blackouts on my HP 4720s

Screen blackouts on my HP 4720s

I got my first Brand new HP 4720s; I got it as a birthday gift from my dad. I like this laptop very much as it’s my first laptop which I got recently this month. I was really very happy with it until one day; I got a problem with my HP 4720s monitor, when I got a black screen on startup. The problem with my HP 4720 is that, the OS is loading but I’m unable to see anything on the screen, just black. I tried restarting my laptop number of times but I am unable to figure out that what is the problem with it. Any suggestions on how can I solve this problem?

re: Screen blackouts on my HP 4720s

As you said, that you have difficulties for your HP 4720s notebook regarding Screen Blackout. I had the same problem with my HP 4720s earlier when I was using the same. I searched for the solution all way long and finally got a solution which worked for me. I found that there was a problem with my video driver so I got my hands on video driver. Try reinstalling video driver, which you can find at the HP Official website. Download and install the diver and that could solve your problem.

Laptops getting into screen blackouts have nowadays become a frequent issue. Even though, I have found that, there are reviews in the web of manufacturing defects which lead to black out problems. However, there could be other factors that too could be responsible for the blackout on the HP 4720s Notebooks. There might be the problem with your screen, try attaching an external monitor to your HP 4720s. As, it supports the use of external monitor. If the external monitor worked for you, then you need to repair the laptop screen.

I had used many notebooks and one of them was same as yours, the HP 4720s notebook. I had the same issue regarding display blackout when I switch on my laptop one fine evening. I was not at all happy with that Black screen appearing on my laptop. I searched for the solution in the web. One day when I was taking to my friend, I talked to him about the problem which I had with my Notebook. He told me to remove the ram and then try to power your laptop on, I tried it and to my surprise the display turned on. I concluded that there was a problem with my RAM. So I changed my RAM, and later it works fine.

Thanks guys for the brilliant solutions that you offered regarding the HP 4720s Notebook as I was looking for the solution since I got the blackout problem with my Notebook too. It was problem with the ram; I thought that the RAM was responsible for the blackout. I removed the RAM and then turned my laptop on. Ant the display was lightened once again. But the sad part was that, the notebook performs slower without the RAM, so I was to buy a new RAM.