Thread: Fingerprint sensor of HP Pavilion dv7-6053er laptop is not working

Fingerprint sensor of HP Pavilion dv7-6053er laptop is not working

Hey guys I am using HP Pavilion dv7-6053er laptop and it is running Windows 7 Operating system in it. Yesterday I performed Windows 7 Update, as it was recommended and after doing that I started facing this particular problem with my laptop’s fingerprint sensor. All of a sudden it has stopped responding and working. I am unable to rectify the real problem with my laptop. Does anyone know what could be the reason behind this unusual behavior of the fingerprint’s sensor of my device? Please give me some suggestions.

Re: Fingerprint sensor of HP Pavilion dv7-6053er laptop is not working

Sometimes improper or outdated drivers in computer system can also cause this problem. You must be having the original Drivers CD of your HP Pavilion dv7-6053er laptop. So it would be better if your reinstall all the necessary drivers of your laptop and then check whether you are facing the problem again or not. Make sure that you are restarting your laptop once you have installed all the drivers. Also check for the latest updates for your drivers on Internet and download and install them in your HP laptop.

You have mentioned in your HP Pavilion laptop started showing this particular problem with it fingerprint sensor after you installed the new Windows 7 update. By reading this particular point, I feel that there must be some kind of problem; some compatibility issues, between the new update and the some of your installed program. This could be a highly possible case. So I would recommend you to uninstall the recently installed update and then check whether your problem is solved or not. You can uninstall from Add/Remove Programs Window.

One more way to roll back your system to the earlier instance is by perform System restore in your windows 7 running HP Pavilion laptop. All you need to do is the following:
    • Click on the Start button/ Windows Orb
    • Type System Restore in the text area of the Search box,
    • Click on System Restore from the list of results.
    • Enter the admin password if prompted for it.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to select a restore point.
    • Confirm the process and restore your computer.
    • Restart your laptop, when you are prompted to do so.

I would recommend you to reinstall the Fingerprint sensor driver of your HP Pavilion dv7-6053er laptop. You can to that by performing the below few steps:
    1. Click on Start button or the Windows Orb.
    2. On the search box, type Recovery Manager.
    3. Now click on the Software installer
    4. From the list of options select fingerprint Sensor Driver
    5. Click on the Reinstall option
    6. When prompted for Restart, restart your laptop.

You should probably need to perform the uninstall/install method with your Fingerprint sensor drive. This will roll back your fingerprint reader driver. Follow the below instructions:
    • Click the Start button
    • Click on the Control Panel option.
    • Now go to the Device Manager.
    • From the list of options, go to “Personal Identification Devices”
    • Now click on the “+” button option to enter the folder option.
    • Right click on “Authentec Inc. AES2501A” and select the properties option
    • Go to the Drivers Tab from the property window
    • Finally select the “Roll Back Driver” option.

You can also perform Hard Reset in your HP Pavilion laptop. Hard reset will restore the manufacturer’s default setting in your laptop. We already have many threads in our forum which has described the procedure of performing Hard Reset in laptop. For your convenience I have searched for threads which have the procedure to do Hard Reset in HP laptop. Just visit the below link and you will find the solution for your problem.
    Hard Reset in HP Laptop

The best place to find all the drivers for your HP Pavilion dv7-6053er laptop’s Fingerprint sensor or any other HP laptop would be the official website of HP. HP will be providing with all the drivers supported by their laptop’s on its official website. You can search for it on Internet and visit the website. Search for your laptop’s driver on the search bar which you will find on top side of the website page. Or click on Support link and then on the Download and Drivers link and search for your laptop’s driver there. Once you have found the necessary drivers, download and install them on your system.

Fingerprint sensor of HP Pavilion dv7-6053er laptop is not working

Friends,
    I have upgraded my IE8 to IE9 without knowing its not compatible with fingerprint reader of my hp pavilion dv6-6050ee laptop.so I unistall IE9 and re-installed IE8.Unfortunately still the fingerprint reader doesnt work properly.For eg. when I used a finger(already feeded) for opening my gmail account,it only opens the gmail page not my specified gmail account.How I can recover this problem,if anyone can plz help me.

Quote Originally Posted by fasiltmd View Post
    Friends,
    I have upgraded my IE8 to IE9 without knowing its not compatible with fingerprint reader of my hp pavilion dv6-6050ee laptop.so I unistall IE9 and re-installed IE8.Unfortunately still the fingerprint reader doesnt work properly.For eg. when I used a finger(already feeded) for opening my gmail account,it only opens the gmail page not my specified gmail account.How I can recover this problem,if anyone can plz help me.
    Have you tried to reinstall the fingerprint driver in your hp laptop? If you havent dont it already then click Start > Search for Recovery Manager > Click on Software installer > Choose Fingerprint Sensor Driver and reinstall it again. After a restart of the laptop it will start working properly. If not then do reply back to let us know.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Thanks for your reply..I did as per you,But its not worked and still I have the same problem,next what I have to do?expecting your consideration...

Quote Originally Posted by fasiltmd View Post
    Thanks for your reply..I did as per you,But its not worked and still I have the same problem,next what I have to do?expecting your consideration...
    Have you tried to go to device manager by right clicking on my computer on desktop, and after that going to manage, then go to device manager and click + 'personal identification device', you will see authen tech inc or similar kind of things, simply right click on it, go to properties, go to driver and click Roll back driver. Hope that helps
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Thanks for your reply.....I did it too.Still the problem existing....then whats next????

Thanks....Actually I tried to do it.But the ''Roll back drive button" is not active.Also today softwr of finger prnt reader updated automatcally.Still the problem existing.Then next what I have to do.....expecting your reply...

This looks the issue of compatibility. At first I will recommend you to remove Hp SimplePass software. And then go to hp website and re-install the same back again. Second go in Device Manager and then right click on the fingerprint device. Choose properties and go in Drivers. Click on Rollback drivers and then check back.

Yes!!! thats it......now the problem solved and fingerprint sensor working properly just before......thanks to alll who tried to help me....and a very special thanks to "Andrea000"........