Thread: How to do factory reset partition in HP nx6110

How to do factory reset partition in HP nx6110

I am using the HP nx6110. I am using this laptop from very long time. I was trying to upgrade my operating system because the current operating system which is installed in the laptop is windows xp but unfortunately its get corrupted because of the viruses. After that when I try to install the new operating system in my laptop with windows xp pro disk at that time my laptop is saying that wrong disk is inserted in my laptop. Now I want to know that is there any way to do factory reset partition in my laptop? Please reply me as soon as possible because I am not able to install any operating system in my laptop.

Re: How to do factory reset partition in HP nx6110

As you have said that you are using the laptop from long time and you are looking for the factory reset partition in your laptop, as far as I know in old laptop there is no such option of like factory reset partition. But you can solve your problem by using the partition magic. This software will allow you to install the operating system in your laptop. I hope my information will be helpful to you and you will be able to fix this problem. If you find any difficulties then let me know.

If you want to check whether factory reset partition is available in your laptop or not then you can check it. To check this you have to go to the my computer and then look in ti your system if there is only single partition is in your laptop then it means there is no recovery partition but if you have another drive then I think second drive must be your recovery partition. So first check this and then you will be able to know about factory reset partition.

If you have checked in your laptop regarding the recovery partition and if you have another partition in your laptop then you can access it by restarting the laptop. After restarting the laptop continuously presses the F11on the HP splash screen. After that you will get the option for the recovery process. Just try these steps and after that you will be able to do the recovery process and then you can install the windows xp. I hope it will be helpful to you to solve your problem.

As mentioned in above post about pressing the F11 and look for the recover process, I have tried all the steps but after pressing the F11 I am not getting any option for the recovery. I also tried to solve my problem by using the partition magic but after trying that also I didn’t get any result. Now I am very confused about this issue. I don’t have any idea to solve this issue. If anyone have more information or solution regarding this then please tell me. Thank you.

If you are not able to find the recovery option after pressing the F11 key, then I think you don’t have factory reset partition option in your laptop. But you can solve this issue with out doing any factory reset of partition. For that you have to run the bootable scanner disk in your laptop. This disk will scan your whole system and delete all the viruses from your system. After that you will be able to use the laptop and then you don’t have to install the windows xp again. I think you should try this solution.

I you have tried to solve this issue by scanning the whole drive by bootable scanner disk but after running the bootable scanner disk also if you are not able to solve the issue then you have to folding thing. First look on the HP official site for recovery disks which suits your system. If you are not able to find that thing on the internet then I think you can get that disk by visiting HP service center. I hope this trick will solve your issue. If you find any difficulties after that then please let me know.