Thread: Acer Aspire 8920G bootup failure

Acer Aspire 8920G bootup failure

I am having a laptop which is Acer Aspire 8920G and now i am getting the issue with the same. Actually yesterday night i was working with the device of mine and suddenly got switch off and not while i am booting my device it is not booting up. It goes to the BIOS screen and after that boot fails. So if you can then let me know whether it is working for me or not.

Re: Acer Aspire 8920G bootup failure

As your LED light is still blinking and you are getting the proper fan rotating then it could be possible that your device might got bad connection with the hardware. If the hardware device is not properly installed into the system then it is possible that you might not get the startup of the device. I will advise you to check for the hardware and tightened then connection. This will help you out.

Have tried boot into the safe mode? If not then try to boot into the safe mode. To boot into the Safe mode you have to go with the boot of the device with the help of the F8 while BIOS screen appear and then select the Safe mode option. Now if your system starts in Safe Mode then restore the system to previous working days. Thats it!!!!

I think that the system of your got the corrupt installation of the Operating system and that is why not booting up. I will advise you to repair the Windows and then perform the startup. To repair the windows. Insert the Windows CD and press 'r' on then first screen and follow the instruction for repairing the Windows.

This can be also possible that your system got attacked by the Virus and corrupted the Windows File System. If this is the case then no other then the Clean Installation of the Windows 7 work for yours issue. Just install the fresh copy of the Windows 7 and see whether it is working with the issue of yours or not.

If nothing from the above replies are working for you and you are still looking for the solution for the same problem then i will advise you to contact the developer of then laptop regarding the issue which is nothing but the Acer. As they are the developer and having the knowledge regarding any issue3 related to the laptop. So contact and see to get the proper solution.

Did you installed any third part y application into the system of yours? If yes then i think that might affected the Windows and that is why you are getting the issue with the same. Also let me tell you that it might be possible that the system of yours got bad graphic card. So remove the same and see whether system starting or not.

mark32 Guest

am having the same problem was given the laptop and told it had a virus scanned the hard drive and the laptop stayed on alnight then went to reinstall vista get to the start nup screen and then cuts out the power light stays on but it just cuts out thought it might be over heating so repasted and cleaned the fans changed the memory hard drive wireless card but still no joy gets to the same spot and cuts out

Quote Originally Posted by mark32 View Post
    am having the same problem was given the laptop and told it had a virus scanned the hard drive and the laptop stayed on alnight then went to reinstall vista get to the start nup screen and then cuts out the power light stays on but it just cuts out thought it might be over heating so repasted and cleaned the fans changed the memory hard drive wireless card but still no joy gets to the same spot and cuts out
    I saw a video on youtube in which a guy had similar kind of problems and to solve this issue what he instructed was, first you need to get access to the video card and then remove the fan to the left of it that have 3 screws, after that remove the retaining clips on top of the video card and lift out the heatsink. After that with a hairdrier on full heat and fast blow hold it very close to the chip on the video/graphics card for 4 mins then put everything back together. Should have said first off, make sure you remove the battery and powerlead first, once the thing is back together, switch on and check whether it works or not.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's