Thread: Speakers not working in HP Pavilion dv6000

Speakers not working in HP Pavilion dv6000

I purchased HP Pavilion dv6000 last week. It is an excellent notebook. But recently I have started to experience a sound problem in my Notebook. I am not certain whether the notebook was in hibernate or standby mode. But when I tried to unmute the sound via the touchpad but nothing happened. The touchpad changes the color as if it is unmuting but there is no sound from the speakers. I unplugged the speakers and used headphones in place of speakers. When I plugged in headphones it was working fine. I don’t know why speakers are not working. Is anyone aware about such issue? If yes then please help me out.

Re: Speakers not working in HP Pavilion dv6000

The issue is not much complicated. But you are a new user you will definitely find this issue difficult. To overcome this issue I would advise you to update your sound drivers. After that disable the sound card and again enable it. Updating the drivers and enabling the sound card will fix up the issue. Many people have encountered such issues before but now it has been solved. Try this procedure and do inform me about the consequences.

I read your post and I came to know about your issue. To avoid such issues in your notebook perform the following steps:
    Go to SOUND option in the control panel-> click on playback devices. When you uninstall the driver the playback devices remain disabled in the menu for some time. If there are no playback devices in the menu then right click on the background and click on the option “show hidden devices”. If the speakers are enabled then the levels are turned up in the menu and your speakers start working. This will definitely solve your issue.

I am very grateful to you for giving your suggestions to overcome my issue. I performed all the steps that you specified but still the speakers are not working. I tried it several times but the issue remained same as it was before. The steps that you have specified should have worked out but it is not so. I also restarted the notebook again but still there was no sound from the speakers. Is there any other solution that you are aware about? If yes then please let me know.

Many people who previously reported me about this issue and have got their issue solved. I specified the same steps that I suggested to you. Those steps worked out in their notebook and their speakers are working fine now. I don’t know why your speakers are not still working. I think that your speakers are damaged and that is the reason it is not working. I am aware about the solution to overcome it. May be someone else can solve your issue.

This issue is very difficult to overcome by new users. The user having hardware and software knowledge can easily solve it. This is the hardware issue. Replacing the hardware can fix up the problem. I would recommend you a simple way to solve this issue. Take your laptop to the HP service center. Discuss your issue with the supervisor present over there. He will examine your laptop and will let you know the exact cause of the issue. He will also replace the hardware if necessary. He won’t charge you for this service if your laptop warranty exists.