Thread: HP touch screen 2740p not working properly

HP touch screen 2740p not working properly

I just bought my 2740p touch screen and I got an issue with it. When I turn it on then there is some problem with its click. It generates different click or else double click although I performed it well. Sometimes my muse cursor runs anywhere over the corner of the screen. I am using it very properly but then also it doesn’t function properly. I don’t know why it is happening, I wanted to whether it is a common problem found in touch screen or its happening with mine only.

Re: HP touch screen 2740p not working properly

I have heard about this before also but not all of them are getting this problem of touch screen. This might be happening because of some wrong setting of your touch screen. So just check for all the touch panel settings of this device and check for the problem. You could go to control panel and find the needed settings for it. Don’t go on doing any unknown setting if you are unsure about that settings, as dong this might take your in more problem

Your touch screen doesn’t respond properly may be because of the firmware issue. I would recommend you to update the firmware of your device. You can download the needed firmware update from the HP website. Select your device there and download a latest version and perform the update. Most of the time it is found that it is been cause because of the firmware. I guess doing this would help you out and you would be able to use your touch screen properly.

I have heard about this issue and after reading several threads related to it I found that there are various facts which may cause this problem. There might be a problem with the pen; your stylus would have got faulty. It may be if your touch input is disabled from the control panel. It happens usually if you are using a wifi connection may be WLA or WWAN. I have also heard that if you are using it in a cold place, then mouse flickers may be CPU needs to be bit more heated.

Most of the times firmware is the reason behind it’s not functioning, but if the updating doesn’t solve your problem. I guess there is a hardware problem with your touch screen. You won’t be able to fix it, as it requires the chip level knowledge. I have heard that this kind of problem as caused due to faulty screens so I would advice your to replace your screen. You could do this by visiting your service center or by showing it to local portable device expert.

Better would be the thing if you visit the HP service center and show them the same problem. They would solve this problem. I guess your touch screen 2740w is under warranty period. So no need to worry they would do it at free of cost. If you have any expert repairing center nearby you, then you may show it to them as they also know the repairing things and would fix the issue but they would charge you for this. So make a better decision and solve it as soon as possible so that you can use your touch screen again.