Thread: Unable to remove the Bios password in HP Elitebook 6930p

Unable to remove the Bios password in HP Elitebook 6930p

I purchased a HP Elitebook 6930p last week. It is an excellent laptop. I normally use this laptop for programming, internet surfing, downloading and sometimes for gamming. The configuration of this laptop is very high. But I encountered an issue in my Laptop yesterday and I am not to overcome it. There is a Bios administrator password entered in my Laptop and I don’t know it. I tried a lot to solve this issue but failed to solve it. Is anyone aware about this issue? If yes then please help me out.

re: Unable to remove the Bios password in HP Elitebook 6930p

The Laptop that you have purchased is excellent. The configuration of the laptop is outstanding. The issue that you have posted is not complicated. But before giving you any suggestions related to this issue the information that you have provided is incomplete. I need some more information about your laptop especially the OS which you are using in your Laptop. After knowing this information only then I can provide you further suggestions.

I am very much thankful to you for replying to overcome my issue. I will definitely provide you the information that you need for giving further suggestions. The OS which is installed in my Laptop is Windows XP. I installed this OS because it is user-friendly. Using XP my each and every task becomes even more easier. The information that you needed is provided by me now please me your essential recommendation to overcome the issue.

This issue seems to be complicated. But if you have hardware knowledge then you won’t find this issue difficult. I don’t have much knowledge about such issues but I will try to help you as much as I can. To overcome this issue I would advise you to remove the battery on the motherboard and then restart the machine. After you restart your machine it won’t ask for any Bios password. This time it will provide direct access to your Laptop.

Thanks a lot for helping me by giving your suggestions to overcome my issue. As you said to remove the battery on the motherboard and then restart it. I tried it but nothing happened. There is a Bios administrator id and another id entered but the user and I don’t know how to overcome it. How can I reset password. Are you aware about any other solutions to solve this issue? If yes then please do the needful. I will be very grateful for your suggestions.

To reset the Bios password is not an easier task. But I will definitely try to make this task as easier as I can. To overcome this issue only one thing I can advice you is to install windows 7 over XP. It will reset the hard drive configuration to IDE from SATA in the Bios. After upgrading the OS to windows 7 there won’t be any Bios password. Restart you laptop after up-gradation this time it won’t ask for the Bios password. Try the up-gradation and your issue will be solved.

odinrlives Guest

Re: Unable to remove the Bios password in HP Elitebook 6930p

Quote Originally Posted by Virr View Post
    I purchased a HP Elitebook 6930p last week. It is an excellent laptop. I normally use this laptop for programming, internet surfing, downloading and sometimes for gamming. The configuration of this laptop is very high. But I encountered an issue in my Laptop yesterday and I am not to overcome it. There is a Bios administrator password entered in my Laptop and I don’t know it. I tried a lot to solve this issue but failed to solve it. Is anyone aware about this issue? If yes then please help me out.

SOLUTION -1.
    You can reset bios password in two ways.
    1. Open back cover of laptop,
    2.Pull cmos cell from motherboard, wait for 15 minutes then put it back.
    3. The computer will not ask password.

SOLUTION -2.
    Using jumper settings
    1. Find the jumper on the motherboard named clear cmos it has 3 pin .1-2-3
    2. Place jumper in 2-3 position.
    3. Then put it in 1-2 position again.

SOLUTION -3.
    You can also check another solution.

I hope it helps.
    If you would like to vote for the answer, this will help the others to see the similar problems solved and also will be a satisfaction factor for me to continue helping you.
    All the best.

Re: Unable to remove the Bios password in HP Elitebook 6930p

This issue is very difficult to overcome by new users. The user having hardware and software knowledge can easily solve it. As you are a new user I would recommend you an easier way to solve this issue. Take your laptop to the HP service center. Elaborate your issue to the supervisor present over there. He will assess your laptop. He will perform all the essential steps to reset you bios password. He won’t charge you for this service if your laptop warranty exists.