Thread: Does Motorola Xoom support Cisco Anyconnect application?

Does Motorola Xoom support Cisco Anyconnect application?

After a thorough analysis among several tablets, I prepared myself to have Motorola Xoom tablet. I am using this tablet from few months back. I have gone through all the features of Xoom and I searched for the latest article for android for my Xoom. I found one interesting application called Anyconnect application which is developed by Cisco. I just wanted to confirm that does this application would work on Motorola Xoom, so please provide me with information about this application

Re: Does Motorola Xoom support Cisco Anyconnect application?

I personally think that Xoom should have the support for this application. But the idea of introducing the credentials of any third-party VPN (non-integrated) VPN software is simply not acceptable for any version of android. At the moment there is no existing official version Android supports the most common Cisco VPN protocol, not the new AnyConnect VPN endpoints. (Generic L2TP is inadequate, since it is rarely implemented by companies.

I heard that the new Samsung S Galaxy II comes with AnyConnect enabled on it. It seems that either went through all the work to integrate themselves. If this really happens then we would be able to see the discussions and how well the android supports this application. If it gets a success over the android, then I guess Google would make this application applicable for all its versions. We can just hope for this application to arrive for Motorola Xoom also.

I am waiting for AnyConnect for Android as well. I've been asking this about with my Cisco representative for more than a year and the problem seems to be the current need for special files that are added to the operating system and no way to add to most devices. My phone has its roots and tried some of the options available, but not works with our setup that requires. In short Google must make some adjustments to allow the Cisco AnyConnect client operating system, and then Cisco needs to make some adjustments ASA Android to add to their profiles posture assessment.

I have the same opinion that a Cisco VPN client is essential. This is a lengthy gap since the past few years that excludes the use of Android phones securely with corporate business systems. At first glance, the field seems to be missing the VPN native Android code is the system of 'group' is happier with a configuration of Cisco. This is characteristic of an unsatisfied that I could accept an Android device before, and it's really the only thing I have not found a solution before my Palm Centro and Treo devices it supported the use of third party applications.