Thread: HP 8710w freezes randomly

HP 8710w freezes randomly

I am using HP laptop modeled 8710w and I am having weird problem with it. I've been experiencing random system freezes with some accompanied by black screen while using my 8710w.The TABLOCK CAPS LOCK buttons are all not responding when this happens. I genuinely and completely updated Win7 installed. I've had HP service apparently replaced the motherboard, but the problem has occurred three times in the first day of use since then. The problem seems to occur randomly, as I press any of the ok or cancel buttons of windows. What shall I do now to solve the same?

Re: HP 8710w freezes randomly

It is a common problem which everyone gets. It usually happens due to overheating of the processor. I guess you would be working on your laptop for longer hours, which would lead to generate a lot of heat by your processor. I would recommend you that whenever you work on your laptop, and then place your laptop such that the heat thrown by heat sink from your laptop goes out of the laptop. Place it in such a way that there is no blockage to the heat coming outside from the laptop.

This might happen because your laptop is not serviced properly. I mean you should try to do following things. First perform the disk cleanup so that it would remove the unnecessary files from your laptop. Then defragment your hard disk so that it would fragment all your files onto one place. These are the basic functions which you should perform every week. If possible try to clean your RAM by opening your laptop case and then check whether the same things are happening.

The freezing problem would also be happening because of the more number of processes running on your laptop. Just have a look at the process from the task manager and check for the running process. There might be some unusual process that would be because of virus or spyware. So clean your laptop with latest antivirus and antispyware installed in it and remove them all. Also stop non needed programs from the system startup so that there would be fewer loads on your processor.

I think you should try system restore on your laptop as this would help you to restore your laptop to a previous state. This function is important and useful, as it switches the laptop back to previous working state. Freezing might have cause because of some incompatible programs so by restoring the laptop to previous restore point would remove the incompatible software and your laptop would work normally again. Before doing this ensure that you perform all the backup of your data doing this may lose your data and you would get into another problem again.

Your laptop freezes and you are not able to operate on any keys of your keyboard. I think you should go to the device manager and check for the drivers there. Just uninstall your keyboard driver and restart your laptop. Windows would automatically install the needed drivers for your laptop and thus your drivers would be reinstalled and now check whether the same keyboard keys gets problem using it. I guess this would help you ad would solve your problem.

As your laptop came through service center had got repaired, so I would advise you to send it back to the HP center so that they could examine the problem well. There might be some of the hardware issue with your laptop, so rather than trying the things again, better is to go to service center and tell them the freezing problem. I guess your laptop is even in warranty period, so this option would be better and it would also be done at free of cost.