Thread: Does Samsung Captivate Have Flash Support?

Does Samsung Captivate Have Flash Support?

Hello friends. Greetings to all of you. I hope things are fine at your end. I have a doubt in my mind, it will be really nice if someone can help me out on this. Basically, I owe a Samsung Captivate and my captivate is rooted. I copied Captivates2.1.4.zip and again named it to update.zip, and inserted it inside the inner sdcard. I include Rom Manager Recovery and BusyBox. Well can someone let me know whether Samsung Captivate Has Flash Support? Do reply people. Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: Does Samsung Captivate Have Flash Support?

Hi mate. I am fine and going well. I would advocate you that you should try to do 3 finger salute and thus you will be able to see Captivate Boot Manager. Then you will have to opt for reinstall package and it Rom Manager Recovery along with green screen will be displayed. Then you will be required to decide on install upgrade.zip and thus in the process you will be able to see numerous lines. I am really hoping that you should follow what I have told, it may help you.Thanks.

Hey dude. I have a solution for you. I would like to inform you that you should flash the ROM devoid of again naming it to update.zip. Also, in addition to above, I notify you that in case you have installed ROM manager and flashed CWM to the mobile phone, the update.zip is for Clockwork. Again naming it will lead to real worries. Re flash cwm and boot into that. Flash Captivates2.1.4.zip as it is and do not even think of renaming it. I hope my post helps you.

Hello buddy. I would like to say something regarding the discussion going around. As per my knowledge, Samsung Captivate does not have Flash support in anticipation of updating the mobile phone to Android 2.2. Flash is not currently obtainable on the captivate for the reason that it is not running Froyo. However, do keep in mind that its flash 9 and 10 which are not providing prop up at present in anticipation of froyo.I have shared whatever I knew.