Thread: Is it possible to stream videos in Blackberry Playbook?

Is it possible to stream videos in Blackberry Playbook?

Today morning I purchased Blackberry Playbook. I still haven’t gone through any of its review or manuals or anything related to the device, so I am completely newbie to it. I wanted to confirm about few things in my Blackberry Playbook. I wanted to know whether there was any way to perform video streaming in my Playbook tablet PC, similar to how we do in iPad. If anyone using Playbook or anyone having complete detail about its feature, please help me solving my small issue.

Re: Is it possible to stream videos in Blackberry Playbook?

Yes, it is possible to perform video streaming in your Blackberry Playbook. I went through the specifications of playbook and came across the fact that it is having wireless N, which provides the playbook user with enough speed to smoothly stream videos through different video streaming sites. You can search for video streaming sites on Internet and try them out. For example, you can try Amazon Prime videos, crackle, ch131 or Hulu websites to watch videos and movies.

I also have few website which I used for streaming videos in my Blackberry Playbook. So I can recommend those websites. As mentioned above you can use ch131 to view TV shows. But as most of videos shown in this websites are recorded, you won’t be getting the best quality of video output. How can you forget the most famous among video stream website, the YouTube. You can even watch videos by visiting the YouTube website. Happy Streaming, Dude!!!! Enjoy!!!

I am not sure whether these websites will work for your Blackberry Playbook but they have worked for my Motorola Xoom and my cousins HTC Desire HD as well. You can try your luck by visiting the official website of TVDuck, Justin.tv, USTREAM or SideReel. I would recommend you to try all of them as all are very good for video streaming. You will be getting all the latest movies and TV serials with a good quality print as well as good quality of output sound on these sites.

Thank you, guys for showing your concern toward my issue. It was very kind and sweet of your to post so much of suggestions in such a short period of time. But sorry to say, I was not looking for any of this kind of video streaming. I am looking for streaming files from my own server, rather than streaming videos from amazon, TVDuck, NEtflix, SideReel etc? I have got a media server which is running a SageTV that keeps on recording TV shows, ripped movies, music, photos, etc. So I wanted know whether it is possible for me to stream video files from my own server to my PlayBook or not.

I also had the same issue with my Blackberry Playbook and I got a solution to streams videos from our own server. What you need to do is to use the ORB. It is very helpful in streaming all kinds of files including movies, music, video etc from your computer system’s hard drive to your Blackberry Playbook. They both seem to be working great with each others company. You can also stream pictures. You just have to go to the settings in ORB and select the option of Stream using flash. This small step and your issue will be solved completely.