Thread: Laptop is getting slower, what should I do?

Laptop is getting slower, what should I do?

I am a civil graphic designer. I am having usual Acer aspire laptop with Intel core 2 duo and 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD. It has NVIDIA GEFORCE series gpu fitted in it. Windows 7 home premium is installed on my laptop. is installed Normally my laptop works really good. Whenever I use it after doing heavy work for more than 2 hrs. I start facing a problem regarding the slower performance. Basically I am not getting where the things are wrong. Because I am having really good configuration. I have checked up with my hardware. It is really working well. But don’t know what happens after 2 hrs. To my system. Any technical expert can help me out?

Re: Laptop is getting slower, what should I do?

Dear Sir, I am proud that I am eligible to solve your problem. And happy to say that you have really great configuration. Hope my solution will definitely help you to continue your prestigious works. If you are facing after every 2 hrs of heavy work then it is a problem which is not related with your hardware at all. It is only the problem related with your temporary files. While doing such a heavy work your laptop faces to handle the load of files being stored on its temporary memory. These files are getting stored in Windows/Temp folder. So just by cleaning these temp files you can overcome on this issue. Just check this folder in your system folder. Or else go in RUN menu, and type %temp%. This will directly take you to the temp folder. And delete these unwanted temp files manually.

Hmm, fine solution by the person above. Sir you can follow his guidance. But if it is not the issue with the Temp files then you may be facing the problem due to excessive temporary files getting stored on your browsers cache folder. Cache files are basically files temporarily being used by the computer to stay connected to the internet. But once you get access to the particular website these files becomes unusable. And uses your memory so just go to the browser, Internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari or any else. And clear cache option to be chosen for that. This option is used in the tools tab in the browser toolbar.

Best options for solving your problem are already discussed by the people above. Now the next and ultimate step if the problem persists and tenses you then you can clear all registry entries of different applications and tasks. Most of the time when your system is in process that time some entries of the applications are made in the Windows/registry. These entries are also temporary like any other temp. Files discussed already. These registry entries are needed to be cleared time to time. So that performance of the system increases.

Hmmm all the solutions are already discussed here. But if still problem is a headache to you then you must follow the next step which most of the people follows that to check the disk for errors. If your HDD is making lot of sound while starting up then you must consult the technical support of Acer. And if the system is working without any sounds. Then you have to make a quick format of your hard drive. But only if you are having OEM DVD of Windows 7. Don’t go for XP if you are using your high definition laptop for graphical applications. It may cause lot of damage to your processor and display as well.