Thread: Backup fails in BlackBerry PlayBook

Backup fails in BlackBerry PlayBook

I have own the BlackBerry PlayBook before one moths and I am very happy with this device. I am used to transfer all the files with my DELL laptop in which I am running windows 7. But before that I was using windows vista and at that time I was able to do the backup in my laptop but now after upgrading the windows whenever I try to do backup of my BlackBerry PlayBook at that time it gives me a error saying that there was an error in backing up. Please tell me what can be the reason behind that. I want to take the back up but I am not able to do. Please anyone have any solution then please help me with it.

Re: Backup fails in BlackBerry PlayBook

I have gone through your problem and as you have said that you are not able to take the back up from your BlackBerry PlayBook. I suggest you to first try to take the back up by inserting your USB cable in another USB port and after that try to take the backup again. Because sometimes USB port does not recognize the connection with some device. That is why I suggest you to first check the connection of you USB. I hope after that you will be able to take the backup of your BlackBerry PlayBook.

After reading your problem I have also tried the same thing with my computer. as I am using the both operating system in my computer. I have tried ti take the backup in windows 7 and its all working fine. I think there something wrong with your BlackBerry Desktop manager. I suggest you to first check the BlackBerry desktop manager is properly installed on your system or not? I think this idea may be help you to solve your problem. If this idea doesn’t work for you then let me know.

If you are still facing the same problem even after trying all the solution then I think there is something wrong with your laptop connectivity. According to me you should try to your BlackBerry PlayBook with other laptop or other computer. if you are able to do the backup in that laptop or computer then I think there something wrong with your laptop USB driver or your USB cable. So try this trick so you can able to detect the exact problem and according to that find the solution.

I have read your issue and after that reading that I would like to tell you that uninstall the BlackBerry Desktop from your computer and after that delete all the temporary files for laptop and after that restart your laptop and then install the BlackBerry Desktop again in your laptop. If after doing that also you are facing the same problem then download the latest BlackBerry Desktop software from the internet and install that. After installing the latest software you will not face any problem with your BlackBerry Playbook.

If you are facing the problem in windows 7 only and as you have said that in windows vista you were able to take the backup. According to that I suggest you that there may be possibilities of having some issues with windows 7 installation. So suggest you to repair the windows 7 in your laptop. If that idea does not work then reinstall the windows 7 in your laptop. I think after doing that you will jot face any problem with backup. So try this idea and let me know what the result is?

I have read your solution and after that I have tried to solve this issue by trying all the above tricks. But none of the tricks worked for me. After that I tried to solve my problem by updating the blackberry desktop application. But after that also I was having the same issue. After that I completely uninstalled the windows 7 from my laptop and installed it again. Now I am able to do backup from my blackberry playbook. Thank you so much for helping me. I appreciate your help.