Thread: Bluetooth stopped working after upgrading blackberry playbook

Bluetooth stopped working after upgrading blackberry playbook

I purchased research in motion new product Blackberry playbook. I was enjoying every feature in it. I have used all of its features, even I have tried bridging. Everything was working fine. In order to be updated with all the functions, I updated my computer’s blackberry desktop manager software to a newer version, and then I found that blackberry icons were disappeared and even I was not able to connect to Blackberry Bridge, so I update my playbook OS also, then my Bluetooth stopped working. So please help me to solve this problem so that I could use every feature of my device.

Re: Bluetooth stopped working after upgrading blackberry playbook

I think your playbook have not got a proper update. I would advice you to update your playbook again with a compatible OS and follow each step properly. Your Bluetooth is not working might because of improper install of your firmware. After upgrading restart your playbook and check for the Bluetooth again. There are the cases where some of the function stops working if the supported files may be drivers are not properly installed.

I have checked for the Bluetooth after restarting and properly upgrading the playbook, but still the same thing is happening. Whenever I start Bluetooth it says starting Bluetooth and again stops immediately. As Bluetooth is not working, due to this I am not able to bridge my phone with playbook. My wifi is even not working. So I want to fix all the problems related to my devices and able to make more use of all the gadgets I have.

You would not be able to bridge your phone to playbook, because it strongly operates over Bluetooth. For doing this your Bluetooth must be on and then only you would be able to perform this. May be there would be some hardware issue with your playbook. You won’t be able to judge any symptom, if it is a hardware problem and in order to know or solve any such problem you need to contact Blackberry or portable device experts.

Doing all things is not solving your problem, I advice you to take your playbook to the service center. Just contact the persons over there and let them know your query. Ask the solutions to them over phone, you might be able to solve this over phone if possible or else you would have to visit your center and hand over your playbook to them. They would get into it and make your device function properly, don’t worry you are in a warranty.