Thread: PlayStation 3 power supply not working.

PlayStation 3 power supply not working.

Hi, I have a PS3 and its was working good before two days, as right now it won’t start, as I don’t know what happened to it. My brother was watching movie on it, and he just yelled that it is not working properly, it shut down. He said that the power lights was flashing red, and if we hit the power button it beeps and goes solid red. I search about this problem on the internet, but didn’t find out the proper answer to this, can anyone help me out? Any recommendation?

re: PlayStation 3 power supply not working.

I think according to me it was happened because of the heat actually, because that is the only problem that I had faced in my PS3, that it just get hotter after playing it 2 to 3 hours. So may be because of that the problem is persisting, I would recommend you that don’t just try to power it up, as it will damage another part inside, just wait for some time and then try to start it. Simply to avoid these we don’t have that much option rather we have to keep in the cool place.

As you mentioned that you already had visited many websites, I don’t know which was they but I must say that you should refer the Sony’s official site, because I only believe that, you’ll get the proper solution from their only, because as they have the proper support team that uploads the solution to such a problem, and rather other sites gives the solutions that even didn’t work, from there you can even chat with their executive online also, and describe your problem in details.

If the problem would be in your hardware then it would be easily replaced by the service center, and really this is the good option among if you decided to do. In fact as far as I know Sony gives the best facility to this, but remember one thing, if your system is in the warranty period, then it would be replaced free of cost, otherwise you have to pay for the device which is damaged. And I don’t know about the charges, because we don’t know actually what is happen to your device.

Re: PlayStation 3 power supply not working.

As you have mentioned that it doesn’t starts, from last two days, I think the problem is regarding its power supply, might be due to over hitting, the power supply may be damaged, you can replace it from the authorized service center, in fact I was having the same problem, don’t know exactly but, some of its part was blown up, and they just replaced it within two days without any charges. So I would recommend you the same, or if you have exceeded the warranty period, you can give to any repairing shop also, they will do it, and may be charge you less than service center.