Thread: Motorola Xoom: 3.1 battery down after update

Motorola Xoom: 3.1 battery down after update

So the initial day later than update my battery was even improved than earlier. Now without warning it is inferior. I unplugged it this morning and not at all utilized it till now and it dropped 40% down to 60%. 3g was off and Wi-Fi was situating to turn off while screen is off. My android system says it consumed 80% of battery and screen below 2%. What is this keep stirring thing in battery status? As well my screen and back are currently very temperate to the touch and it has all the time been cold even later than utilizing it for hours. What do you think?

Re: Motorola Xoom: 3.1 battery down after update

I think this stands watching. It is not unknown for a battery-powered device to enter a state of high consumption at times. It is usually because of a few known activity data transmission such as browsing or watching a movie, etc, but very rarely is something inexplicable that in general can be solved by simply turning the device (to kill the process that is running) and back on. Keep an eye on it and see if it occurs another time. A single incident is probably not a cause for concern, but you do not want that to occur often.

I at a standstill see a few trivial power improvements with my Xoom with 3.1. For instance, today my Xoom is presently at 90% left and it has been on battery power currently for 6 hours with 3G and Wi-Fi both active the whole time (and Skype running in the background) as well as about 80 minutes of screen "on" time. Do you have any applications which might be demanding your battery? Have you attempted monitoring your battery usage with one of the applications from the Market?

I had a same trouble as the 3.1 update and establish grave battery usage by Exchange Services. I don't memorize that running with 3.01. I have a Hotmail account which presents as corporate even though that is not how I installed it. Fascinating that on my DX Hotmail does not there as business and Exchange Services is not in Applications or running applications. I discontinued contacts and calendar sync for Hotmail on the Xoom. I will make out if that assists.

From a terminal, you can utilize the top command to notice if there is a procedure running that is chewing on CPU. I would suggest Android Terminal Emulator if you do not previously have a terminal program (Connectbot works too). Run the below command:
    Code:
    top -n1
    The output will be a synopsis of your resource usage followed by a catalog of running procedures. The procedures are scheduled in order of highest CPU utilization, so the worst offended should be at the pinnacle of the list. If your CPU emerges to be typically idle, then I would guess something is being a control with network usage in the background.

This is the subsequent time that the Android system showed that most use. The only difference today was that I had no Wi-Fi or 3G for six hours was disconnected and sat dormant. Certainly could be an application, but why does it say that the Android system is rare. I'll work on some tests this afternoon. The last few days my battery has exhausted much more than normal, but had Wi-Fi all the time. After writing that sounds like an application to me trying to connect to the Internet constantly.

I agree, I believe you have an application that is contradictory with something, mainly because of the quick onset of the trouble. If you can, attempt to remember any application that you might have setup and possibly did not assume much of the installation at the time. If you think a particular application, you can all the time uninstall it and after that reinstall if no modifications are renowned. If it were my Xoom, I would do a required reboot and after that monitor your Xoom as you usually would.