Thread: Backlight of Motorola Xoom is not working

Backlight of Motorola Xoom is not working

I am having Motorola Xoom from past few days. From past couple of days I have noticed particular issue with phone of mine. I have found that the backlight of the phone of mine is not working at all. I am unable to figure out whether this particular issue is associated with the hardware or software of the phone. Any help in order to resolve the matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Backlight of Motorola Xoom is not working

Looking at the problem of yours I want to ask some particular questions which would be helpful to figure out the root cause of the problem. Let me know whether it is Wi-Fi or Verizon 3G Xoom? Can you tell me which app do you have installed lastly on the phone of yours? So answer the above mentioned question as early as possible so that I can let you know about the further steps which you can use to fix the matter of yours.

I think in this particular situation I am suggesting that you should perform a soft reset on the phone of yours. now question is how to perform soft reset? Well it is very simple to perform. You need to press and hold the power button so that you can switch off the phone of yours. now you should remove the battery from the phone for couple of minute and reinsert the same on the device of yours. After doing the same you should switch on the phone of yours.

If soft reset is not working for you then I am suggesting that you should perform a factory reset and see whether it is making any difference in the situation. You can use the below mentioned instruction.
    • You have go for Apps from the Home Screen and tap on the Settings.
    • Now tap on the Privacy and go for Factory Data Reset.
    • You have to select the Reset tablet option and finally tap on the Erase everything.
    • It would remove all the data from the phone memory so making backup of the data is mandatory.

I am highly suspecting that the problem which you have been happening due to firmware upgrade. Well I recommend that you should go for the firmware upgrade on the device of yours. you have to make the backup of the data from the phone memory. Because the process of the firmware removes all the data from the phone memory. Once you have completed with the firmware upgrade process you can restore the data on the phone memory.

It seems to be happening due to hardware issue. Well I am suggesting that you should contact the official service center and claim for the service warranty. You should see that the device of yours should not have any physical damage because it would void the service warranty of the device of yours. here also you need to take the backup of the data before you visit the service center. Also you should bring the invoice details regarding the phone of yours.