Thread: In xbox 360 ventilation doesn't work properly.

In xbox 360 ventilation doesn't work properly.

hello friends I have buy the new xbox360 slim, and I am loving it, except I do notice that the vent located above the disc tray/power button area tends to get pretty hot even only after 3-4 hours of gaming, and I seen that m friend is using the same, but he didn’t faced any such problem yet. I am using the turtle beach socket so that I can play the xbox along with my SP3. So what will be the problem? Is it regarding the hardware issues? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: In xbox 360 ventilation doesn't work properly.

Nope, I don’t think that the problem is regarding the hardware, or maybe I am not sure, because I also has the same device, and I also use to play it every day, for almost 4 to 5 hours. And after 5 hours it is really get to hot, but if you compare it to PS3, then PS3 is better according to me, because it don’t get blown first of all, in fact I had heard from many of the user that the xbox blew on their place. I would recommend you that don’t play 4 hours continuously rather after playing 2 hours play it after wards.

see, I think there I a problem regarding the ventilation, I would suggest you that put your system to the place from where it get the continuous airflow, thus it will not get hotter that much, otherwise if you keep playing the same way, you may damage your systems hardware, and as far as I know, they won’t consider as a replaceable hardware, and at that time you won’t get any option.

As you have mentioned that you’re using the turtle beach socket, but I will recommend you that don’t use both of the device together, because it seems too dangerous, I am not getting why you play both at the same time, I mean to say, it makes no sense. So rather playing both the games play only one, otherwise no one can guarantee that you’ll get the your system back from damaging itself.

Yeah, you are right brother, we got the same problem, as I asked one of my friend about this, he told me that it is the basic problem regarding the previous version of xbox 360’s but they have minimized this problem in the newer version, it doesn’t get that much hotter compare to these. So I don’t think we have another option for saving this, as we have to take the precautions before playing the game.

I don’t know exactly, but there is a device that you can get it from the market or from any shop, that generally helps the system to be cooled, and really it works, my friend uses the same, but he told me that first of all move the place from where you have putted the system, because as if it doesn’t get the perfect airflow, it get hotter, even after playing just for 2 hours. Still the problem persist, you can contact to the service center also, they will check your device and let you know about the problem.