Thread: Unable to use Exchange email on Motorola Xoom

Unable to use Exchange email on Motorola Xoom

I am having Motorola Xoom from past couple of days. I have noticed a particular issue which I wanted to sort by any mean. Whenever I go for creating a new email by using any of the email clients. It searches for the contact for the exchange contacts though it is not synced. Let me know if you are having idea how can I prevent the same. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to use Exchange email on Motorola Xoom

I let you know it does not sync with contact. In fact it seems to exchange the contacts with the last all contacts into the text field. If you are getting the emails through exchange then whatever things which you are searching is not existing into the normal contact of the base on the phone of yours. so there could be sync issue between the handset and the device which you are using currently that is Motorola Xoom.

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I let you know that it is the technique in which the Exchange is working. It simply searches for the address into the server. It is not dependent on the thing like contact settings or you can not turn off the same on the phone of yours. I have noticed that the number of people are considering it is a valuable feature but I think you are not having a large address book to sync with the exchange.

I have found an app which you can use to get the requirement of yours. Well I recommend that you should use the TouchDown. I let you know that there is a tablet version of this particular app is available which you can use to get the better layout for the Motorola Xoom. I have used this particular app with Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007 from past few months. Using this particular app I was able to sync email , contacts and task with the same.

Personally I don’t liked the concept of the Exchange support into Android 2.2. I have not tried with the thing version 3.0. I am hoping that the TouchDown would work on the Motorola Xoom. There is another app which is having native support for this particular device. Well in this particular situation you can use EAS and it seems to working fine with all the version of the Microsoft Exchange server. So try the same and let me know about the result.

Well I want to say thanks a lot for the replying me with possible solution over here. I have used TouchDown to get the requirement of mine. it really worked for me. Now I am not having any sync issue with the Microsoft Exchange. I want to appreciate your efforts which you have put in to fix the matter of mine. anyway thanks a lot for replying me with the proper solution over here.