Thread: Unable to use Messenger on Blackberry Playbook

Unable to use Messenger on Blackberry Playbook

I have purchased a Blackberry Playbook last month. Blackberry Playbook is the world's first professional grade tablet. I don’t have much technical knowledge about it. It is working on the latest OS and I also have blackberry 9780. It is operating on Blackberry bridge 1.0.0.83and having blackberry messenger 6. But yesterday I noticed a strange issue while I was operating my Playbook. I was not able to load the messenger on my Playbook. I tried a lot but nothing happened. It used to display a blank screen whenever I tried to load messenger on my Playbook. Is anyone aware about such issues? If yes then please do the needful.

Re: Unable to use Messenger on Blackberry Playbook

Blackberry Playbook is one of the latest Tablets that have been released. The issue that you posted seems to be complicated. As you don’t have much technical knowledge you are finding this issue much more difficult. To overcome the issue I would suggest you to delete the Blackberry Bridge on your Blackberry 9780 and re-install it again. After re-installing bridge try to load the messenger in your playbook. This time you won’t face such issues anymore. Try it out and do inform me.

This issue that you have posted is quite interesting. As you said that you are having the latest software versions then it is much easier to overcome this issue. I would recommend you to delete the Bluetooth connections between the devices. After disconnecting both the devices then re-boot both the devices. After re-booting both the devices again connect the devices via Bluetooth connection. Now try to load the messenger in your Playbook, it won’t display any error this time.

I also faced the same issues but now it has been solved. I know that the issue is irritating but it can be easily solved. This issue is normally due to the cell phone using which you are connecting your Playbook. I also used the same cell phone to connect with Playbook but after I encountered this issue I changed the cell phone to Blackberry 9700 with OS 6 and messenger 6. After swapping to another cell phone my issue was solved. I was able to use the messenger from my Playbook. Try this out and tell me about the consequences.

The issue is not at all complicated. These issues have been encountered by many people. I had the same issue and so I called tech support to help me out. They advised me to remove both bridge connections and applications from my handheld. After that they recommend me to reinstall it again after a hard reset. After performing all these operations the Blackberry messenger icon finally was displayed on my tablet and now it is working fine.

The issue that you have posted is complicated. As you don’t have much technical knowledge about your Tablet you will definitely find this issue complicated. Easier way that I would recommend to overcome such issues is to visit the service center. Discuss this issue with the supervisor present over there. He will surely tell you the exact cause of the issue. He will also guide you regarding how to overcome such issues. He won’t charge you for this service. After that you can easily load the messenger in your Playbook.