Thread: Text messages gets broken when sent through E7

Text messages gets broken when sent through E7

I am using Nokia E7 cell phone having T mobile network. The features of this phone are nice; I am enjoying using this phone. The only problem I am getting is that I am not able to send messages properly to recipient. I got many complaints from my friend that your messages are not able to read properly. They say that the messages they receive from me are broken and sometimes they did not get my message. So please someone let me know that what shall I do in order to solve this problem.

Re: Text messages gets broken when sent through E7

Your messages are getting broken may be because your character encoding is set to reduced support. So change the settings of character encoding might this help in solving your problem. You can do so by performing following steps. Go to settings, then application settings, then messaging, then text message settings and then set character encoding to full support. After changing this setting try to send the message and check on recipient side.

You should try to reset your phone to default settings; this might help you in solving your problem. I guess resetting the phone to factory settings you probably help you. I just want to know whether different network recipients are getting the problem or only Verizon recipient is facing the problem. Else try to upgrade your phone’s firmware to a latest version so that there would not be any firmware related issue with your phone.

I have tried setting character encoding to full support. I have also upgraded the phone’s firmware to latest version which is 1.4. I have also tried to reset the phone to factory settings, but this the same problem persists. Provide me with some alternative solution so that I can send proper messages as soon as possible. I am able to send the messages properly to the recipient who is not using Verizon network; it’s just a problem with Verizon network operator.

I am having somewhat same problem, the receiver gets the broken messages when I try to send them a message. Sometimes they get unreadable characters, although I sent the message using proper language. Before this I was having E73 cell phone and I was not having any kind of problem, but as soon as I switched to E7 cell phone and I am getting this problem. The recipient is able to receive the message when sent from other cell phones, but not from this phone.

As the messages are been properly sent to the recipient who doesn’t use the Verizon network so problem lies with your Verizon network provider, I would recommend you to talk to Verizon support and tell them about your problem. Their might be the temporary network problem with Verizon as this problem is occurring within Verizon network. If you are not alone, then Verizon support would have receive complaints about this issue and thus they would solve this soon.

If the Verizon is not having any problem with there network services, then I guess there is some problem with your phone. As all the resetting, firmware update didn’t helped, I think its some another problem. So contact Nokia service center for this and ask them about this problem. They would definitely find a cause for this problem and would help you in sending messages properly as they have better and foolproof solutions.