Thread: BBM not working when I installed bridge software on Blackberry playbook

BBM not working when I installed bridge software on Blackberry playbook

I am blackberry addicted so I bought a latest tablet from blackberry popularly known as Playbook. I also have a blackberry torch smartphone. I heard about blackberry bridge software which helps in tethering so that playbook could be tethered to my torch smartphone. So I installed this software’s on both of these devices. But after doing that I was not able to use BBM, so I wanted to know does anyone have problem in anything when I install bridge software.

Re: BBM not working when I installed bridge software on Blackberry playbook

There is no such problem occurring actually after installing bridge software. I would recommend you to update your torch phone so that your BBM would again start working. I guess as you installed the bridge software, your BBM would have got outdated and so I recommend you to perform update on your phone by going to options on your torch phone and then check for the software updates. After it you would be able to use BBM also with your bridge software.

I did the updating things, but my phone shows that it is up to date. So this update thing didn’t resolve my problem. I checked with some friends in bold and it works fine. I followed some online forums about uninstalling the software bridge, restart the two devices, reinstall the software, Bluetooth repair and wait 5 minutes, but that does not work. So after trying this also I am not able to use black berry messenger and even my playbook shows BBM icon even there are no messages.

Your playbook displays BBM icon on the left corner as you receive any message and it disappears as you read any message. In your case if you want to remove that icon from your playbook then you need to close the message window along with all the windows which are opened. This would remove that icon from the notifications. If it still doesn’t go from there then try restarting the playbook and check for that again. It would now have got disappeared.

I'm having exactly the same problems and it’s very frustrating, and I found a way by searching over Google and have read several posts for solving it. Many times it works, but sometimes it doesn’t. I uninstall BlackBerry Messenger and the bridge of my phone and then reinstall it from the world of the application i.e. from AppWorld on my phone. Then I checked whether BBM works and I found that this solution works and was useful.

I would say you few steps which you need to follow in order to get your BBM work. First of all,
    1. Detach devices
    2. Uninstall the BB software.
    3. Uninstall BBM from phone
    4. Reboot both devices
    5. Install the BB software.
    6. Pair them again
    7. Install BBM on phone
    8. Bridge device
    the important thing to note is that you should install BBM after blackberry bridge software.