Thread: Unable to download applications in Blackberry Playbook

Unable to download applications in Blackberry Playbook

I have purchased a Blackberry Playbook last month. Blackberry Playbook is the world's first professional grade tablet. I don’t have much knowledge about it. But yesterday while downloading applications for my Tablet I came across a strange issue. When I entered the app world I was able to see the categories but nothing used to be displayed in “my world”. Every time I select "my world" or download it an error message used to get displayed saying "blackberry app world is having problem connecting to the blackberry app world server. Check your network and try again". I tried it by several hotspots but nothing worked out. Is anyone aware about such issues? If yes then please help me out.

Re: Unable to download applications in Blackberry Playbook

The issue that you have posted is not complicated. Many people have encountered such issues. As you don’t have much knowledge about your tablet you are finding this issue difficult to be solved. To overcome the issue I would recommend you to first switch off your playbook then re-boot the Playbook and again switch it on. After rebooting your playbook, re-enter into app World. After that go to the search bar type RST and you will get a service reset message. Now try you are “my world”. This time you can definitely access it.

I am grateful to you for giving me suggestions to overcome the issues. As you specified I performed all the steps but they were of no use. After performing those steps still I was unable to get access to “my world”. I don’t know why it didn’t work out. Is there any other solution to solve this issue? Are you aware about the other solutions? If yes then please advise me, what should be the further steps that I need to take to solve the issue.

The issue can be due to some internal errors in your playbook. The issue can be solved via PC. First you need to download all applications from PC that you want in your Tablet. After downloading applications in your PC connect your Playbook with PC. Once the connection is established between your PC and Tablet then you can easily transfer the applications to your Playbook that you have previously downloaded in your PC.

I previously had the same issue but it has been solved. To overcome the issue I had to reset my Playbook. Playbook was modified to its default factory settings. After the reset I had to use a fresh Blackberry account for email. You will be able to create or change your Blackberry account in the settings without re-setting it. Reset normally clears all pending errors in the Playbook and brings it to the initial sate. Try this out and inform me about the consequences.

The issue that you have posted is quite similar with other issues. As you don’t have much technical knowledge about your Tablet you will definitely find this issue complicated. Simplest way that I would recommend to overcome such issues is to visit the service center. Discuss this issue with the supervisor present over there. He will surely tell you the exact cause of the issue. He will also guide you regarding how to overcome such issues. He won’t charge you for this service. After that the issue can be solved by you if it occurs in future.