Thread: Why Nokia E5 is not having some important basic features

Why Nokia E5 is not having some important basic features

I recently had a new Nokia cell phone modeled name E5. I observed that some of the features of this phone are quite nice, but I am not satisfied with this phone because it doesn’t provide the essential features which are highly useful for me. I have noted some of the features which are not available in Nokia E5. First is it doesn’t have stopwatch and countdown functionality which is an important one for me and also scientific calculator is also not there. So is there anyway I can get these functions on my cell phone?

Re: Why Nokia E5 is not having some important basic features

I know that calculator and timers are must have features for any phone and Nokia should not have removed these features from this model. Still there is a way you can get those functions into your phone as your phone supports Java platform. I recommend you to download some jar applications into your phone from sites like getjar and few others. Go to these sites and search for scientific calculator utility as well as countdown timer utility for your phone and enjoy using it.

I was using Nokia 6550 cell phone and was happy with it and later I switched to E5 due to people’s advice and then I was shocked after seeing every feature of this cell phone. The above mentioned features were not found on the phone as well as few others were also not there on the phone. Automatic Keyguard was not there and is much important feature in order to prevent accidental key press on the phone. Also I was not able to organize my menu icons the way I wanted.

I have to mention that automatic Keyguard feature in E5 is called as automatic keypad lock. Hence this would solve the problem of accidental key pressing on your phone. If you find that some feature is not there on your phone then you can look for that type of application which exactly functions like that. This phone does not allow you to reorganize the icon on your menu but you can try some different layouts by which you can get the default placement of the icons the way you want.

After E5 release, Nokia have got many complaints for this cell phone. I am sure Nokia would try something to solve this issue. I guess it may launch an E5 second version which has all the previous E5 bugs solved and that would make this cell phone much better. It may also provide a updated firmware for the E5 which would have all the basic needed functionality, so you may have to wait for the firmware release and then upgrade your phone with it and this might help you to have the needed one.

Nokia have tried doing something new with E5, but has got lots of complaints for it. No doubt, it is a good choice and I do really understand that this partially advanced phone doesn’t have the basic important features. I am also quite disappointed with this release of Nokia. The only thing you can do is that you can wait for the latest firmware upgrade for your phone. Better would be if you switch back to your previous phone or have some better phone which has all the features you need.