Thread: How can I change format of photos to jpg in Nokia X2?

How can I change format of photos to jpg in Nokia X2?

I recently got a new cell phone of Nokia model name X2. I am learning each of its features so that I can make better use of my cell phone. I have gone through all multimedia features. When I capture any photos then all thing was proper, but when I opened these photos from gallery, then I found that my photos were in .nrw format. I don’t know much about this format. So I want someone to provide me with this information and how would I be able to convert it into jpg format.

Re: How can I change format of photos to jpg in Nokia X2?

Your phone Nokia X2 is nice and after reading your query, I found that there is not a big issue with your phone. Your phone is storing all photo formats to .nrw format, because the phone would definitely have some settings on it and therefore it is forcing all the photo files to .nrw format. This format is called as RAW format, most popularly Nikon raw format. So there is no need to worry about this just change the camera settings of your phone.

Well the same problem was with me on my Nokia phone. It usually happens with me when I shoot more number of photos simultaneously. As more files are getting captured by a cell phone camera, so phone processes these files and stores it into .nrw format and even these formats are of huge size. For this after capturing photos I usually turn my cell off for a minute and then turned it on again, and when I see those files then it were on .jpg format.

When you capture the photo, then phone stores it to .nrw format and allow you to take more photos. Thus you go on clicking photos and in background these format are been processed and are getting converted to .jpg format. So don’t turn your phone off, after clicking the photos as it would lead to an unfinished processing task and hence you might lose all the photos, which were interrupted by switching off the cell phone.

I gone through all the camera settings and I didn’t found any settings which say that images are been stored in .nrw format. There are just image quality and mode settings on my camera settings. I understood about all about the .nrw format. After clicking the photos I waited for some time to allow my phone to process these RAW formats and after that I found that the photos are getting converted into jpg format and hence there is no issue with Nokia X2. Now I want to know how I can convert my 3gp video files to .mp4 format.

Your phone usually stores video files into 3gp format. It is because 3gp format is best video format for mobile phones as mobile phone are having smaller size display. It also doesn’t consume for memory size as it stores video with less resolution. If you want your videos to .mp4 format then you can try some free video convertors and then convert using it. Google search it and you would get these convertors, then transfer your videos to PC and then install the software and convert it.