Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nokia E5 Internet Telephony/sip setups

Nokia E5 Internet Telephony/sip setups

Hello everyone, I have using the Nokia E5 from last two months and I have recently purchased the Nokia E5 instead of Nokia E71. On Nokia E5 I want to know how to setup for Internet Telephony/sip and I have tried lots of steps but none of them helped me to solve mine issue. I am not having any issue on Nokia E71 with Telephony/sip setups but on Nokia E5 I am not able to find the procedure. I had checked inside the setting but I am unable to find Web telephony/Internet telephony.

Re: Nokia E5 Internet Telephony/sip setups

It is available. Go to Tools the go in Settings. Under Connection you will find SIP settings. You have to select Options and then choose New SIP Profile. Where you have to insert details for access points. I had done this on Nokia S60 and it worked. I think Nokia E5 will also have the same kind of procedure. You can find a guide on that by searching on web. Just look for S60 SIP configuration guide and follow the same steps on your phone.

I am providing you a rar file below. It is a sis file. All you have to do is copy this file in the internal storage of your phone and run it. It will automatically configure SIP settings on the phone. I had found this file long before which worked on my phone.

To download this make click below
    Attached Files Attached Files

I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do this goes through below steps: first on the menu screen go to the tools or control panel or setting on different phone. Now under this make click on the on the setting and after that make click on the connection. Now on the connection go to the SIP settings. Now on the SIP settings make click on the options and after that make click on the New SIP Profile. Now make new profile and after that go through your issue. I hope this will help you.

Hello thanks for replying and I would like to be grateful for your suggestion and I have tried the all steps you have given and it was solved mine little bit issue and after creating new profile and after that mine old profile was deleted but when I tried to start VoIP Service it won’t start. Now I don’t how to start the VoIP Service can anyone suggests on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue. I have gone through some threads but I didn’t have the any solution. Please help on this and thanks in advance.

I would like to suggest you the following steps to start the VoIP Service and so that you can solve your issue. To do these go through the following steps: on the main screen make click on the Contacts. Now on the Contacts scroll down arrow and under that go to the VoIP service submenu and under that go to the profile and after that make click on the option and then make click on the activate service. Now once you finish this your issue will get solved.

Nokia E5 Internet Telephony/sip setups

thanks can u plz guide me how can i make my profile how can i use to cal by using voip512?

Quote Originally Posted by drhidayat85 View Post
    thanks can u plz guide me how can i make my profile how can i use to cal by using voip512?
    You need to create an account at voip512 that can be purchased in a minute and does not require registration on their website and then make a call. Which mobile phone do you have by the way? You need to have a smartphone with an Internet connection (3G, 4G/LTE, WiFi). If your smartphone does not have a built-in SIP functionality you can download a SIP-client for it for free by searching it from google.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

i have Nokia E5 now which i should do? i have my account in voip512 and im using thru PC but i want to use thru my mobile how can i use thru mobile?

i have Nokia E5 now which i should do? i have my account in voip512 and im using thru PC but i want to use thru my mobile how can i use thru mobile?
    Have you paid their nominal rates in order to make a call? They have mentioned that you need a 3G Internet connection or better (4G/LTE, WiFi) to be able to make Voice-over-IP calls. While VoIP may work on the older networks (GPRS, EDGE) the quality is usually too bad to be able to talk.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

yes i haved paid and im using thru my PC but i want to call from my E5 mobile is there any way to use?

yes i haved paid and im using thru my PC but i want to call from my E5 mobile is there any way to use?
    You need to first configure SIP settings in your mobile from Tools / Settings / Connection / SIP settings. Before that download Nokia SIP VoIP App. Now go to SIP Settings and configure your device for the same.

i downloaded sip voip but it z not opening should i download in Nokia E5 or just thru computer? plz guid and second can i open my voip512 thru nimbuzz?

wat should i do in sip setting?

dear that nokia voip setting is not supported by my nokia E5 wat to now?

I guess the file you downloaded is not compatible with E5, better Open this site, download the proper version and install it. Later Download the PDF file from here containing step by step process of configuring SIP settings.

this i also tried but not supported by E5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast