Thread: Nokia X3-02 not getting updated due to network operator restriction

Nokia X3-02 not getting updated due to network operator restriction

I am using Nokia cell phone having model number X3-02. I have gone through all of its features. After going through it I found that this cell phone is having lots of bugs. I heard that the bugs are caused because of its firmware. So I was advised to update my cell phone to a newer version. So for that I tried to update it to firmware version 5.68 from version 5.65, but phone update showed me a error saying Update cannot be carried because of network operator restriction. So please tell he how can I update my cell phone to a latest version.

Re: Nokia X3-02 not getting updated due to network operator restriction

I guess your phone would have network lock and due to this your operator is not allowing you to upgrade your phone to a newer version. You may also get an error while updating your phone’s firmware because your phone would not be supporting that update or there would be no update for your model. So try to consult with your network operator whether they have restricted all the Nokia phones from up gradation.

I have contacted with my network operator and they are telling they have not locked any of the SIM cards. My phone is not locked by any of the network operator, and still it is showing the message that network operator have restricted to update the firmware. I also found that the latest update available for NOKIA X3-02 is 6.0. So please find out some other solution which would help me in updating the firmware for my phone.

I am also having the same problem in updating the firmware. When I do the update using Nokia software updater, then it displays that my model is not supported by Nokia software updater. So I checked this in Nokia website that which all models are supported by software updater. I have also tried updating the firmware using Nokia Ovi suite, but it comes up with different message that there are no updates available for my cell phone.

I have surfed through Nokia X3-02 supports and I noted one line saying that the latest version which is released may not be available for some models, and so they won’t be able to use it. So I wanted to know all the factors that prevent me from updating the firmware into my phone apart from network restriction issue. I am just confused whether is there many different models of Nokia X3-02. I also found some of the same Nokia X3-02 are getting updated, so why some of there are not getting updated.

I think you should contact Nokia service center because they better know about it whether this model is ready for update and all related things. If they say that your model is not having updates then they would further for ward this issue to Nokia team development. This would make the further Nokia models with support of all the firmware updates. I guess service center would definitely solve your firmware issue and your phone would be updated to the latest firmware so that you won’t have the old buggy firmware.