Thread: Wi-Fi application missing after updating Nokia X6

Wi-Fi application missing after updating Nokia X6

I have been using Nokia X6-8GB from last 2 months. It’s an excellent cell phone. It is a symbian smart phone. It has many features in it such as 3G, TFT capacitive touch screen, 5 MP camera, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth. I decided to update my phone via NSU but when I tried to do it I came across a strange issue. Up-gradation was successful. Everything worked fine. But the Wi-Fi application was missing in my phone. I searched a lot but couldn’t find it. I really need the Wi-Fi application. Is anyone aware about such issues? If yes please do the needful to solve this issue.

Re: Wi-Fi application missing after updating Nokia X6

This issue that you are facing is not at all complicated. There can be several reasons due to which you are facing such issues. There are many solutions to overcome these issues. But I am not aware of all the solutions. The solution that I know I will definitely share with you. Try hard reset in your cell phone. Hard reset usually clears all errors and will bring the phone to its initial state. Try this solution out and please do inform me about the consequences.

As I said that I am new to the Smartphone’s I don’t have much knowledge about it. As you suggested that I perform a hard reset in my phone but the issue is that I don’t know how to do it. Can tell you help in this issue. Please tell me the necessary steps for performing my Smartphone phone. I don’t know how to do it because hardly 2 months have passed after I purchased this phone. So I didn’t get enough time to operate it and to know all its functions. Please help me out and do the needful if you can.

This issue seems to be complicated but it is not so. This issue can be due to minor errors in your cell phone. As you said that you don’t have much technical knowledge about your cell phone. The easier recommendation that I can suggest you to solve this issue is to perform all those steps that you previously did to update the software of your phone. While performing those it will prompt saying that you latest version and would ask you to re-install it. Click yes to re-install. The software will get re-installed and Wi-Fi application will appear this time

Sometimes cell phone users find this issue very complicated and are unable to solve it. If you are one of them please don’t panic for such small issues. These issues are sometimes complicated but it can be solved. Simplest way that I would recommend to overcome such issues is to visit the Nokia service center or Nokia care. The employee present over there will assess your phone. He will clear all the errors if any and he will definitely solve your issue. He won’t charge you for this service. After this you can easily solve such issues in your phone if occurred in future.

I am very grateful to you for giving me the suggestions to overcome the issue. As I was lacking technical knowledge about the cell phone I found the issue difficult to solve. But the suggestions that you gave me helped a lot. I went to the Nokia service center and I discussed this issue with the supervisor present over there. He told me the exact cause of the issue and also solved it out. Now Wi-Fi application is present in my cell phone.