Thread: How to upgrade Motorola Charm to Froyo 2.2 version

How to upgrade Motorola Charm to Froyo 2.2 version

I have been using Motorola charm which is an Android Smartphone from last 2 months. It’s an excellent cell phone. It has many features in it. As it is an android phone we can download various applications for it which are present in the Android market. There is countless number of applications present in the Android market. I am very much new to the Android phone. I don’t have much information about it. I wanted to upgrade my phone to Froyo 2.2 version. I don’t know how to upgrade my phone. Is anyone aware about such issues? If yes then how can I upgrade my phone? Please do the needful if you can.

Re: How to upgrade Motorola Charm to Froyo 2.2 version

This issue is not at all complicated. Upgrading cell phone is quite easier and it is not a time consuming process. But for performing upgrade Motorola has to come out with an OTA upgrade for your phone after that you can easily upgrade your cell phone. I would recommend you to first check for an upgrade in your cell phone. If the upgrade is available then please let me know I will suggest you the further steps that you need to perform to get your cell phone upgraded. If the upgrade is not available then you need to wait till Motorola comes out with an OTA upgrade for your phone.

As I said that I am new to the Android phones I don’t have knowledge about it. As you suggested that I should check for an OTA upgrade in my phone but the issue is that I don’t know how to check it out. Can tell you help in this issue. Please tell me the necessary steps for checking the OTA updates in my Android phone. I don’t know how to do it because hardly 2 months have passed after purchased this phone. So I didn’t get enough time to operate it and to know all its functions. Please help me out and do the needful if you can.

Checking upgrades in an Android phone is not a complicated task. I will definitely tell you the exact procedure to check for an upgrade. It is simple just perform the following steps and your job is done. First go to menu->click on settings->about phone->there you will see an option update. Click on that option and you will come to know whether there is a new update or not. After performing these steps you will get the result. Please do inform me about the consequences.

Sometimes cell phone users find this issue very complicated and are unable to solve it. If you are one of them please don’t panic for such small issues. These up gradation issues are sometimes complicated but it can be solved. Simplest way that I would recommend to overcome such issues is to visit the service center. The employee present over there will definitely tell you if there is an upgrade for your phone. If there is an upgrade then he will definitely help you to upgrade your phone. He won’t charge you for this service. After this you can easily upgrade your phone if required in future.