Thread: Can rooting be done in LG Optimus V?

Can rooting be done in LG Optimus V?

All of you kindly attend this question. Because all of us who use androids must have been bugged up of being dependant on the manufacturers to get the applications. I think all of us must get the freedom of getting and using all the kinds of software instead of just using the same software provided already in the androids. So I am having eager excitement to root my android for getting more and more exciting applications. Basically all these software pre-installed on our androids has huge storage consumption so instead of wasting the drive in storing these heavy software we can root our phones and can get some light software but please guide me for that. My android is LG OPTIMUS V.

Re: Can rooting be done in LG Optimus V?

Wow, you seem to be very interesting guy. You have really shared a great idea of rooting the android. I really agree with you that our android becomes so useless sometimes due to all these heavy software. But we have to continue working on the same for longer as we don’t get freedom to do it so. But one thing I have heard about this rooting is that rooting is the process of changing certain I/O ports of the android and it makes the android’s warranty void. So basically it is a risky game. Do it by yourself.

Root access is basically getting unregistered access to your android directly. This makes your android free to use any software which is not available on the androids. It is basically an unauthorized access. So it makes your warranty void. But still I am providing you some steps to root the LG OPTIMUS V. but its surprising is that for breaking a linux based application you need Windows OS based PC. Follow the steps.
    Download recovery-RA-GNM-thunderc-s-1.1.0.img.zip from somewhere.
    Extract the Drivers folder on the desktop
    install the Optimus drivers after that go in your phone (must be activated), Go to settings, then to Applications, then Development and enable it by USB debugging.
    Unzip Super One Click to the same folder and run it. Click shell root.
    Unzip the flash_image.zip and recovery-RA-GNM-thunderc-s-1.1.0.img.zip to the root of your phone's SD Card. Also Place Stock Rooted and Optimized.zip at the root (KEEP IN ZIP).
    Open CMD.exe and navigate to the folder adb.exe exists in.
    That’s it.

Dude that is not enough to do. You must do following changes in the windows XP command prompt.
    Type this in the command promt: -
    adb shell
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
    cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
    chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
    mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
    mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-GNM-thunderc-s-1.1.0.img
    reboot recovery this will reboot your Android which will make changes in you mobile forever. Enjoy those.

Sir thank you a lot for giving all of us such a great knowledge. But the guy who is having a query is not having knowledge of what to do after reboot. So I would like to share that knowledge here as well. I respect your knowledge and going further. Enter into "Backup" (make changes by using the application volume rocker and click with Home) , and click "backup nand" . When It is finished, click back till you get into the main menu again. Click Flash zip from sdcard and flash Stock Rooted and Optimized.zip keep in mind that you must come bak in the main menu and navigate back to the main menu.