Thread: Removing the pre-installed applications from Froyo

Removing the pre-installed applications from Froyo

I have been using UK orange HTC Desire Smartphone from the 2 months. It’s running version 2.1 Eclair. I purchased it because I liked its features. There are many features of this phone such as 3G, AMOLED or SLCD capacitive touch screen, 5 MP camera, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth. I never faced any issue while operating this phone. I was quite satisfied with my phone selection. But yesterday I noticed a strange thing in this cell phone. The issue was that the cell phone used to load pre-installed application. I tried to remove these applications but failed to do so. I decided to update my phone to version 2.2 i.e. Froyo. One thing that I wanted to know is that after updating will Froyo allow me to remove these applications? Has anyone on UK Orange had the update and did it include all the pre-installed applications? If anyone is aware about such issues then please do inform me about it.

re: Removing the pre-installed applications from Froyo

I read your post but the information that you provided is incomplete for me to give you further suggestion. I need some more information from you about which are the applications that you are not able to remove from the cell phone. After getting this information I would suggest you the further procedure that you need to perform for solving the issues. Please provide me this information as early as possible so that I advise the solution to overcome such issues.

I was referring to all the game demos, Orange application shop, Games, Home screen selector, Orange messenger, Orange maps, Orange photo, Ringtones etc. All these stuff I am not able to remove from my cell phone. I was hoping 2.2 would allow me to uninstall these applications. All information that you needed is provided by me. Now please suggest me all possible solutions that would help to overcome such issues. Please do the needful.

The issue that you are facing is quite common with many people. I updated my cell phone to version2.2 i.e. Froyo but the applications remained in it as it was previously. There are various ways using which you can solve these issues. But some solutions are often complicated to perform. To overcome such issues I recommend you to root your phone in order to uninstall all the pre installed application. Root access also known as super user access. It is the access level that lets the users perform administrative tasks including updating the system, installing applications at the core level and many more. Try this out and do inform me about its consequences.

Removing the pre-installed applications is not a time consuming process. User can perform such operations without any complexity. But some time users find such tasks difficult. I would definitely recommend you an easier process. To remove the pre-installed applications you just need to perform the following steps:
    Go to application manager-> then directly uninstall the applications that you won’t be using in the future. After performing these steps all pre- installed applications that you need will be completely removed from your cell phone.

Sometimes cell phone users find this issue very complicated and are unable to solve it. If you are one of them please don’t panic after getting such issues. These issues are sometimes complicated but it can be solved. Simplest way that I would recommend to overcome such issues is to visit the service center. The employee present over there will assess your cell phone and will inform you about the exact cause of this issue. The employee will also solve the issue. He won’t charge you for this service if your warranty exists. After this you won’t face such issues in future.