Thread: Unable to access Android market after upgrading to Froyo(2.2 version)

Unable to access Android market after upgrading to Froyo(2.2 version)

I have been using android Smartphone from last 2 months. I am quite satisfied with my phone selection. I downloaded many applications in my phone from the android market. Those applications were excellent. But I recently upgraded my OS to Froyo and Blue drops theme over the previous one. All these things were working successfully without any issue. But later on I realized that when I tried to download apps from the Android market it was not working. The download screen used to show the message “Starting Download” but I was not able to download anything from the Android market. I tried a lot to overcome this issue but nothing changed. Are you aware about such issues? If yes then please help me out to solve this issue. Please do the needful if you can.

Re: Unable to access Android market after upgrading to Froyo(2.2 version)

The issue that you are facing is not much complicated. These issues are encountered by many people who have upgraded their OS. This issue can be due to some minor errors in your cell phone settings. To avoid such issues I recommend you to modify some phone settings as mentioned below:
    Go to menu-> click on setting->applications->manage applications->click on menu again and then select the option filter all. Try to find the market in the displayed list and if there is an option to uninstall the market update, uninstall it. After that remove or clear the market cache. After performing these operations you will be able to access the Android market from your cell phone. Please inform me after performing these operations.

I executed the steps that were suggested by you. But still I wasn’t able to access the Android market from my cell phone. My phone was not allowing me to remove the market updater. Even then I managed to clear the cache and data under the Android market. But it is still not working. Can you suggest me some other solution to overcome this issue. This issue is annoying me a lot. To access Android market is very important for me. Please do the needful for my issue if you can.

It is not the market updater that you have to uninstall sometimes there is an option under Android market to uninstall the update. The market updater is something else. This issue can also be due to theme which is been installed in your phone. If after uninstalling the update still you face the same problem then uninstall the theme and then try to access to Android market. This time I think you won’t face the same problem again. Try this out and inform about the consequences.

There can be various reasons due to which you are getting such issues. It is complicated to find the exact cause for such issues. I also faced the same issue previously. But now it has been solved. In my case I used Android SDK. Android is a software stack for mobile devices that consist of an operating system, middleware and key applications. The Android SDK provides the tools and APIs essential to start developing applications on the Android platform with the Java programming language. For Android SDK you need to perform the following steps:

Download previous version of it to PC-> copy it to folder with name ADB (something like Program Files\Android\android-SDK-windows\platform-tools) and after that rename it to vending.apk-> then connect phone to PC and execute the following commands:
    • ADB remount
    • ADB install vending.apk
    • ADB push vending.apk /system/app
    • ADB shell reboot

After this your phone will automatically reboot and the Android market will start working without any errors in it. Please inform me after performing the operations.

Sometimes cell phone users find this issue very complicated and are unable to solve it. If you are one of them please don’t panic after getting such issues. These issues are sometimes complicated but it can be solved. Simplest way that I would recommend to overcome such issues is to visit the service center. The employee present over there will assess your cell phone and will inform you about the exact cause of this issue. The employee will also solve the issue. He won’t charge you for this service if your warranty exists. After this you won’t face such issues in future.

Sometimes cell phone users find this issue very complicated and are unable to solve it. If you are one of them please don’t panic after getting such issues. These issues are sometimes complicated but it can be solved. Simplest way that I would recommend to overcome such issues is to visit the service center. The employee present over there will assess your cell phone and will inform you about the exact cause of this issue. The employee will also solve the issue. He won’t charge you for this service . After this you won’t face such issues in future.