Thread: ‘Oops! This link appears broken’ message in Chromebook

‘Oops! This link appears broken’ message in Chromebook

Hello everyone i am one of the proud owner of the chromebook and hence i ahve come here asking for some help as you all know chromebook is entirely based on the chrome operating system and hence it is understandable that everything would be web based and nothing mechanical, I have one small problem with the chromebook and that is a message Oops! This link appears broken appears every time I decide to visit a webpage, now I don’t think so any problem is there with the chromebook or the internet connect, can you all suggest me something for the solutions.

Re: ‘Oops! This link appears broken’ message in Chromebook

See this message appears every time you have a bad internet connection or if the webpage is temporarily off and hence that’s when you get to see such kind of messages, so on your part you have to ensure that you don’t have a bad internet connection so for that have a talk with your service provider and ensure that the connection is on, I would also advice you to check with some other browsers such as Firefox and internet explorer and see if it Is giving the same problem there as well.

Why don’t you clear the cache memory and the cookies of the browser see it is very much important to clear it out on a weekly basis and hence it is very important for you all to clean it up every week, I would also recommend you to have a look at this link Google Chrome unable to find and load the requested webpage in Chromebook in case you need more information on that so do have a proper look at it and i am sure it will be informative for you. So do try work on the suggestions that I have given here and I am hoping that it will help you to some extent.

Well if you are getting such a message then I would advise you to have a look at the suggestions on the side of the page to navigate to other parts of the website or to search for the page with Google you can try that as well mostly it is the problem of network in your case if you are getting the same message for all the webpages, for safety I will suggest you to scan your system with a good antivirus program I think that will be better so go ahead and scan your system and see if you are able to get some results.

Ok thanks for all the solutions that you all have given here, it seems a bad internet connection is causing this problem I will have a talk about the same with the network service providers and see to it that the problem does gets solved for me, so thanks a lot for all the solutions that you have given here you took some interest on solving out the problem for me, appreciate your efforts for the same and in case if you come across some other solutions then do share it with me here.