Thread: Getting annoying voice before ring tone in Verizon Wireless CDM8950

Getting annoying voice before ring tone in Verizon Wireless CDM8950

I am having Verizon Wireless CDM8950. Whenever I am getting phone call I am getting an annoying sound and then ring tone begins. I really don’t like that annoying sound and I am looking to get rid of it. So let me know if you are having problem like me. Also let me know if you are having any specific solution to get rid of this particular problem than post the same. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Getting annoying voice before ring tone in Verizon Wireless CDM8950

I want to know some more information which would be helpful get why this particular problem is occurring on the phone of yours. let me know whether you have set Call sound and Alert sound for the incoming calls? Can you tell me which version of the firmware is installed on the phone of yours? From when you are getting above mentioned problem on the phone of yours? Let me know the answers of the above mentioned question as early as possible.

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I am suggesting following steps which will let you know whether there is Call Sound and Alert
    • Sound is set on the phone of yours.
    • You have to go for Settings and Tools and then go for Sound Settings.
    • Into Sound Settings you have to go for Call Sounds and then go for Alert Sound.

So go through the above mentioned settings and inform about the same.

I think the steps which I have mentioned over here would be helpful to get the requirement of yours.
    1. You have to go for Settings and Tools and then go for Sound Settings.
    2. You have to search for the Service Alerts into Sound Settings menu and then go for ERI and simply Off the same.

I am sure that the above mentioned steps would be helpful to meet the requirement of yours.

I was having the same problem which you have mentioned over here. After doing quick googling I have managed to fix the problem of mine. well the sound which you are getting is announcement of the caller ID. You can disable the same by using following steps. You have to go for Settings and Tool and go for Sound Settings. Into Sound Settings you have to go for Call Sounds and go for Caller ID Announcement and simply select the Ring Only.

I think there is trouble with the phone of yours. I am suggesting that you should contact the official service warranty and claim for the service warranty. Make sure that the device of yours should not have any physical damage because any physical damage on the phone would void the service warranty. I am hoping that the people of the service center would help you to get rid out from the annoying sound which you are getting on the phone of yours.