Thread: Unmountable Boot Volume in Acer TravelMate 3260

Mykola Guest

Unmountable Boot Volume in Acer TravelMate 3260

Hello friend, I have currently worked on the Acer Travelmate 3260 laptop and before yesterday, it doesn't give any kind of trouble. Yesterday, when I try to log on the laptop then I found some unexpected error messages. it shows the hexadecimal numbers and at the end of error message it display the Unmountable boot volume. i don't know the meaning of this error message but i need to solve this issue. i had installed windows XP on it. Any type of help will be appreciates.

Re: Unmountable Boot Volume in Acer TravelMate 3260

There are two reasons behind this error message. This kind of unexceptional error message indicates that the booot.in file present in the system hard disk is to be damaged. The hard disk of the system is not able to mount the system. For solving this kind of issue we need special activity such as boot into recovery console. The recovery console of the system is specially designed for recovering the boot. in file of the system. This solution helps to solve the trouble.

There will be step by step process present in this recovery console which will helpful to solve this unmountable issue form the system. First you need to boot the system into the recovery console. Then type chkdsk /p to check the disk drive. Then if any this wrong with the hard disk drive then reboot the system. Then do the same process one time. After that use chkdsk /r to locate any bad sector and then recover that bad sector. Then finally you need to reboot the system and then you found that the trouble is to be removed from the system.

I also faced the same kind of issue and i must tell you that i was not able to solve the trouble. Then i read some article about the windows XP and the mount facility of the system. Then i read this process which is related to the recovery console. Then i follow the process step by step and i found that the trouble is to be solved form the system. I must tell you to use this process. This process is mostly helpful to remove the bad sector from the system and then the remaining track of the hard disk is clean.

See, i have tried this solution and i also follow the step by step process to perform the trouble shooting operation. Then the result is not satisfied. So, i think to remove all the partitions of the hard disk and newly install the OS on it. Then i use the original bootable XP CD and then insert it into the hard disk. System detects this disk and then i had followed the remaining process. This process will not helpful to recover data but the system unmoutable issue is to be solved.

Hey i suggest you to use the data recovery software after done the reinstalling procedure. This will help you to solve the trouble. This could be happen because the reinstalling the OS is to be removes all the partitions of the hard disk drive. It means the data present in that drive is to be removed. But the data recovery software have provides the facility that to recover the data securely. There has to be so many examples present in that the complete hard disk data is to be recovered completely.

There is number of solutions present which is helpful to remove this unmountable boot volume trouble. First you can use the recovery console. This is to be normally helps to solve the trouble. Then you need to do the step by step process to solve the trouble. If this solution is not work then use the other reinstalling solution for solution that trouble. After that you can use the recovery software for the data recovery setting.