Thread: Need information on Kinect audio tuner

Need information on Kinect audio tuner

Hey guys, I recently bought Microsoft kinect sensor Xbox for myself. I purchased it after reading the features ofKinect sensor on Internet. The reviews about it were just amazing. So, as I am very much new to this device, I am not aware about all of its features. I have read that it has got audio tuner in it. So for a start, I would like to know more about Kinect audio tuner. Please be co-operative and help me with your valuable suggestions. Your suggestion will always be appreciated.

Re: Need information on Kinect audio tuner

All the problems related to the sound can be found and fixed with the help of kinect audio tuner. You can kinect Audio tuner if you have shifted your Kinect sensor to new location or if you have just added a new speaker to it. You should also run Kinect Audio tuner if you are facing any of the below problems:
    • If any of your voice command goes unnoticed or undetected by your Kinect.
    • If the person on the other side is unable to hear what you are talking at the time of chatting.
    • If your Kinect is responding to any other voice commands, which you are not giving.

Background noises, the volume of your console speaker, calibration of your microphone, and the capability of Kinect to hear what you are saying in your gaming environment can be tested with your Kinect audio tuner. It is possible for console users to turn on and off the chat microphone by using Kinect audio tuner. You just need to start the kinect Audio Tuner by navigating to the following path:
    1. You will find a Guide button (button with Xbox logo) on the controller.
    2. Press the Guide button.
    3. Now Select the Kinect Tuner option.
    4. From the list of options (tracking, Audio, Calibration) select Audio.

Background Noise is an option in kinect Audio tuner, which listens to the noise level in the background of your console and tries to fix the problem. Follow this few steps before performing it:
    1. Switch off all the audio devices in your room.
    2. If any, then ask all the people around you in the room to stay silent.
    3. Make sure that you have kept your Kinect away from any vibrating source. It can include computers, speakers, or any other gaming systems.
    4. Also make sure to that you have kept your kinect away from any noise sources like open windows, fans etc.

If you have any issue with the Volume of the speaker then you should test by selecting the “Speaker Volume” option in the Kinect Audio tuner. In this test a sound will be played and your kinect will analyze it by listening to it. Make sure that you have kept your speaker volume high and it is not low. If you have any trouble with the microphone then you should select the Microphone calibration option. This test will measure the sound detected by the microphone from each speaker individually and also when they are combined. In this process the kinect will only detect the outer source sound and will completely ignore the game and video sounds.

In the Speech Levels, it is tested that your Kinect sensor device is able to hear what the user is speaking. If The user is soft speaking then he should try the following:
    • Choose the Begin Speaking option, and repeat the words or the text you are saying in a clear voice.
    • Make sure that you are close enough to your Kinect sensor.
    • You can also use Kinect as your Chat Microphone. It is upto the user whether he/she is interested in doing so. You can turn On and Off the chat microphone. And when you turn off the Kinect chat microphone, the Kinect again starts accepting your voice commands.