Thread: The light on Kinect sensor won’t turn on

The light on Kinect sensor won’t turn on

I would like to come directly to the topic. I am having Kinect Sensor and its light is not at all turning on. It has randomly started showing some error code like C000009D, 8000000F and C000020C. I assume this to be because of some connection issue, still not sure. But this is very annoying now. Does anyone know how I can solve this issue? Anyone with suggestions or working solution please feel free to reply to my post. Your suggestions will always be appreciated.

Re: The light on Kinect sensor won’t turn on

I would suggest you to update your console software. You can do that by following the below steps:
    1. Insert the Kinect game disc in your Disc drive.
    2. Now let the game to load in your Xbox Dashboard and then start the game.
    3. Now, your console software will automatically prompt if any kind of updating is required by it.
    4. “Update Required: An update has been found, to apply this update you must restart your console.” This message will appear in your screen if any new update is detected.
    5. Restart your console to install the new update. Click on Yes option to do so.

The problem might also occur if there is some issue with your cable wire which is connecting your Kinect sensor with the Xbox Dashboard. So I would recommend you to first check your cables.
    • Switch off your kinect sensor and the console.
    • Please make sure that you have disconnected the power/USB adapter cable, if you have received any with you.
    • Insert the sensor cable inside the AUX port which you can easily find on the back side of the console.
    • Now switch on your console and check if your problem is solved or not.

I had also faced this problem with my Xbox console with Kinect sensors and after trying many suggestions, I came across this one solution, which actually worked for me completely. I would definitely share it with you, as it might prove to be helpful to you. What you need to do is to turn on Kinect Sensor, because it might be turned off and that is why nothing seems to be working. Follow the below steps to turn on Kinect Sensor.
    • Start your Xbox console, and go to My Xbox option.
    • From the given options, click on System Settings
    • Now click on Kinect Settings.
    • Here you need to turn on the Kinect Sensor.

This is one solution which I came across on Xbox’s site to solve the issue related to Kinect Sensor.
    1. Turn off your Xbox console.
    2. Let the power cord of your Xbox console be plugged in to the electrical outlet.
    3. Also let the USB connector be plugged to the console.
    4. Now check whether the light near the center of the cable is green or not
    5. If the light is not green, then you should probably plug the cable into some other outlet. By doing so, you can make sure whether your cable is working properly. If the wire is faulty then most probably you will have to replace it.
    6. Switch on your console after getting a new USB

According to me, you should not try fixing the problem yourself as there are high chances that you might end up damaging your kinect sensor more instead of fixing it. So I would recommend you to send your kinect sensor for repairing to the nearest service center for the same. Or else you can also perform the online repair process by yourself. You just need to visit the following official website of Xbox Service and follow the on-screen instruction. Once you have followed all the instructions, your kinect sensor software or firmware issue will get automatically repaired.