Thread: Unable to add widget in Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc

Unable to add widget in Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc

I am facing strange problem with my new arc. The problem is that I had added some widgets in the home screen some hours ago and then after that I decided to delete it. Then I changed my mind and decided to add the widget again this time it was not allowing me to add the particular widget in my home screen. it is showing me the message that the widget is already added in the phone so why is it showing that ? I am sure that I have deleted it properly then why it is giving me such messages? Please do reply.

Re: Unable to add widget in Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc

Ok have you rebooted your phone after performing the delete operation in your phone. If not then I would advise you to go ahead and try with the simple reboot of the phone, well it can happen that you might have deleted the widget from the phone but the phone does not think so. Just a simple reboot of the phone will do the trick for you I think, so go ahead with the suggestions that I have give here and let me know if this suggestion helped you or not.

I did a reboot of the phone and that also did not help me much. So that’s what I want to say here even I am aware of that and did try that but that also did not help me much. So tell me what should I do else so that I can get rid of such problem, I am sure you will have some solutions for me for this particular problem and I am expecting some more solutions to crop up here. So if possible do reply it as fast as possible.

Check in your phone if you have some task killer application? if you have such task killer application in your phone then make sure that you remove it from the system because it has been noticed that many a times it is the task killer application that does not allows widgets to work properly. So that can be the case here. Also one more thing that you have to do is press and hold the screen for sometime so that you will be able to get the widgets back and then move it to the trash. So that’s the other option that you can give it a try, so try working on it.

Why don’t you update your phone with the latest updates the updates will enable your phone to work properly. Now remember one thing that while updating your phone you have to make sure that you keep a backup as all the data such as sms, mms and the applications will get removed so that’s one thing that you will have to take care of. So hope you have got the point that I am trying to make here, so update your phone with the latest software it will help you.

It is better to have a talk with the ericsson people about this matter and the problem will get solved because the problems like these are well known to them only and hence I think they are the better people In such situation to answer out your query, so go ahead and have a talk with them and I am sure they will give you some solutions for the problem. So go ahead and have a talk with the concerned people about the issue and I am sure it will be helpful for you.

Ok thanks for the solutions that you all have given here. Well let me tell you that all your suggestions did help me, so what I did first was removed the task killer application which was present in my phone and then I updated my phone yes that did the trick for me the widget is getting added again in the phone so thanks a lot for all the suggestions that you have given here. I really liked the way you all have helped me in the problem.