Thread: weak wi-fi signal in xperia play

weak wi-fi signal in xperia play

I am using Sony Ericsson Xperia play and I was thinking to use Wi-Fi in my mobile so I did that but I was unable to get good signal strength. I tried every possible way to get in range to have good signal strength but that didn’t work, I want someone who will help me with this stuff because I don’t know much about this topic. I think I’m doing wrong steps to use Wi-Fi, if so then what are the perfect steps to established Wi-Fi system?

Re: weak wi-fi signal in xperia play

If you are not getting proper signal strength in Wi-Fi then you should configure your modem or LAN connection whatever you have at your home. If you have modem at your home then you need to enable DHCP in your modem but you can’t enable it then simply assign IP address to your cell phone manually. Sony Ericsson has the feature to add WLAN facility. For this, you have to click the wireless networks and then select the network which has strong signal strength. Once you do all this open your web browser and use internet.

The problem of poor signal strength in Wi-Fi is not unique problem because when you have Wi-Fi connectivity then whatever data you are receiving or transmitting flows in the air and there are greater chances of data collision. Access point will try to retransmit data to the user which takes time to communicate with the Wi-Fi user and the same time other Wi-Fi users also sends and transmits their data. Wi-Fi connection cannot give best security and other users can use catch your Wi-Fi service. I would suggest you not to use Wi-Fi because it doesn’t provide security. All these possibilities will lead to poor signal strength and you will not be able to use browse internet properly

I’m regular user of wired and wireless network services and with my experience I can tell you that poor signal strength problem you are having is may be because you are not in the range of access point. If you want to have at least good signal strength then try to be in range of access point or try to get in another Wi-Fi regional area where you can get good signal strength but I want to add one point that using Wi-Fi in public areas will increase the chances of hacking, so be careful and try to use Wi-Fi rarely

If you are not getting signal strength in your area and you are not able to browse internet at all then you can also try to use Wi-Fi in Wi-Fi hotspots such as café but you might have to pay to use Wi-Fi service in hotspots which will ask for your credit card number and other payment forms but this is really frustrating. If you know the hotspots administrator password then you will be able to use Wi-Fi for free.