Thread: Sony Ericsson w705 update fails

Sony Ericsson w705 update fails

I’m using Sony Ericsson w705 and I wanted to update my phone yesterday but before I can finish the updating process I got introduced to error which was UPDATE FAILS, I don’t understand where did I do wrong? I followed all the proper steps but still having the same problem so I went to my nearest retailer and he told me change my phone, do I really have to change my phone? What should I do now to update my phone? Is that true that the problem is with my phone? My Sony Ericsson phone is continuously switching off during update, what steps should I take now? Please help with this.

Re: Sony Ericsson w705 update fails

There’s nothing like if you have any problem with your phone then you should change your phone immediately and Why not learn about why is this happening? You should check whether your phone is infected with virus and if any virus exists in your phone then remove it by the help of antivirus or you can also delete some data from your phone memory which you think it might have carrying any virus or worm. Virus can damage your mobile software at higher level. It is possible that your phone is having software problem or your GPRS connection. Internet failures can also give you such errors

If your phone is having updating problem then try to try to update through Sony Ericsson PC suite software which you received with your phone. Install PC suite of your phone or download it from Sony Ericsson official site and install it in your computer and then connect your mobile to your PC by suing USB cable and open Sony Ericsson PC suite and select update option and then your phone will search for latest update for your phone. But make sure that you don’t pull the USB cable while updating. I hope this will help you

If you are having problem with your phone then there may be problem with your mobile software of hardware or it may be just a normal problem. You can do one thing try to turn off your phone and then again turn on your phone and try to update your phone. Why don’t you remove your memory card and then continue your updating work because keeping too much data in phone can imbalance your phone and it results into sudden turning off your mobile. Try every possible way you can do to solve your problem and or search the best information available of this error on internet.

I was having the same problem with my Sony Ericsson mobile phone so I went through some search but i didn’t find any information on this topic. Finally, I went to. Sony Ericsson service center to resolve my query and I got my cell with zero errors after 2 weeks. Because switching off mobile phones without any warning or if it fails to update your software then service center is the best solution for your queries. I’m having Sony Ericsson k790i since last 3 years and now I’m using my phone without any difficulty. If no other advise works for you then always prefer service center of your mobile company